Monday 2 January 2017

January 2, 2017

My Splendid Family and Friends,

"President Ulrich!
As is custom the end of each year is the assessment of how the overall year has gone. I was reliving and remembering so many experiences where I saw and felt Heavenly Father in my life so strongly. I has been 6-7 Months in England and I had 6 Months at home in 2016. As my life now revolves it is about balance and 2016 was definitely a year of change mostly at a rapid and constant pace. I reflect on my favourite saying of missionary work... " The first couple days/weeks are like drinking water from a fire hydrant".   I found that even moving areas, each transfer can be that rapid change where more often than not it hurts. As an Athletic coach would say "no pain, no gain"; although as missionaries we do not look for challenges, many arise as the battle still continues. One of the greatest foundations I have found in this mortality is my testimony of prayer. I know there is constant nourishment that can flow into our lives if only we have that desperation (as was mentioned last harvester)/real intent. The gospel is about proactivity; finding ways by often leaving our plans to submit ourselves to HIS. I especially found this as Elder K and I were travelling on New Years Eve.

Heeding Spiritual Direction 
R was a complete miracle and I have so many prayers of gratitude that we were able to meet her. Elder K and I finished our New Year's Eve yesterday but the work never does. We were traveling home and I felt so prompted to visit this house on the corner. It was past 4 and we were both tired of course and I insisted that we at least try. We arrived at her front gate as she was walking through the back garden to travel to work. Heavenly Father’s timing is so precise. We spoke to her briefly and found out she had spoken with missionaries before but had lost contact. We promptly gave her the Book of Mormon and condensed the First Vision in which she felt the truth of what we were saying. I was so touched that I did not ignore a simple prompting when my belly was empty and my head was aching. From that simple sacrifice we ended up meeting a very sincere daughter of God searching for truth."
....
"Finishing the Book of Mormon was a brilliant experience and I appreciate the challenge. I was very much behind and needed a little bit of desperation as was spoken of in the Harvester this last week. I really have felt the spirit out pour into my life and I am striving to use the scriptures learned in our teaching. We as a companionship are teaching more lessons at the door rather than getting inside or a return appointment for many reasons. Most investigators we meet are women and we end up referring them to the sisters because of lack of member present support. With that being said I foresee a very marginal shift as the ward builds its confidence in missionary work. The focus is on strengthening and enriching families with 3 Goals: Reading the Book of Mormon daily and finishing by 2017, having each member participate in a family home evening and having each member take a name or person to the temple! All of which are achievable and realistic goals. 
I really do love the Wrekin Area and I appreciate the Lord’s guidance in me being here. As we have talked about many times the progress and comfort is a balance."
E Cooper

I have had such an eventful week. So many exciting things happened during the Christmas New Year’s Holidays and I could not contain my excitement. Being on a Mission for Christmas is nothing like being at home. It is so unique and I absolutely loved it! Our Area even did a Secret Santa gift exchange and swapped before church on Sunday.

Jan 1st Sacrament meeting was so powerful! The bishop said: " This gospel is not about Hanging In There.... as we have covenanted to be disciples of the Savior we are covenanting to Endure (Enjoy to the End). The difference between the two is Action. So I would ask you, which path are you on?" I absolutely testify that is true. The Savior taught (Ever)lasting change and He proves that as He returns to his fishermen disciples and says to them do you love me? If we love Christ will we submit ourselves to go back to our old ways or will we access the Atonement in such a way as to strive for everlasting change.  I will always remember that saints can endure and find joy in suffering as taught in General Conference by President Russell M Nelson. I add my witness that I love and admire Christ and I am humbled to wear my name next to His and leave this with you in His sacred name.
Jesus Christ Amen

I would love to hear from all of you :)
Elder Cooper
Wrekin





No comments:

Post a Comment