Monday 23 January 2017

January 23, 2017

Momma Bear,

I know I have the greatest family in the world!
Thank you for all that you do to work hard and provide. I get to think about you all very often and I am so thankful for those that sacrificed more so that we can be an eternal family. I am making it a goal to find and baptize a family into salvation eternally.
I am so Happy today! I love the family time and opportunity to share sacred experiences with those that do actually want to change.
I have found as I have prayed specifically for my friends they have progressed. I know that this is true.
This week has been the regular roller coaster as well as becoming more understanding of culture and background. Elder K and I have made it a goal to keep a conversation going throughout our time serving together and there is definitely room for growth. However we are trying and in this Gospel and Mortality, Heavenly Father gives us a celebration when we REALLY TRY! Real Intent is such a powerful thing.
We discussed consecration and sacrifice in Sunday School and I had the opportunity to read in the scriptures in so many places about these glorious doctrines. Submission to God is our earthly MISSION and my mission is a simple sacrifice to an All Powerful yet simple friend. I love this Gospel and the experiences I have had in England. They have stretched, broken and refined me and I look forward to more. The worldly view will never compare to an eternal perspective and I truly relay the words, " Wickedness never was Happiness" and I am grateful for everlasting change. Satan will tempt, distract and deceive but an Eternal Father gives all His children the promise of a celestial inheritance.

I have tried to learn simple ways to teach and I love the use of object lessons. Some I have learned through early morning seminary and others from friends and family. One in particular is called the paper cross and I had a brilliant opportunity to bear my testimony through such simple means.

Alma 29:6/9

"For what I know in this mortality is that God directs this work. So many exact opportunities that have led us to those that would listen to the gospel. I have tried to focus this week on the simple miracles and I truly have seen them as I changed my focus to a more eternal.

Elder K and I are learning more about how labels and titles seek to define us. For instance an initial contact with someone the natural man would judge and depreciate worth whereas Heavenly Father always seeks to invest and refine His children. Elder K this week has claimed that he is lazy, and after much conversation with the spirit I had come to the conclusion that it was not laziness but self-motivation. We took the negative and refined as the Savior would into the characteristics and gifts God has blessed His children with. Elder K and I changed this week! 

With some family complications M will not be able to make the baptismal date of January the 28th however; our dear friend has accepted to be baptised on the Fourth of February and we are so excited for his decision. He came to church again today and shared his special day with some friends at church. February 4th couldn't come any sooner! Actually after talking to the zone leaders today we would love to see if he can be baptised January the 29th in the morning and truly be clean of what he feels is too difficult. I trust in the Lords timing and His will and seek to be His hands in His work!"

I love you :)
Hope you have a brilliant week and keep smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment