Saturday 24 December 2016

December 24, 2016

Splendid Friends and Family!
Much love this Christmas from Elders Cooper and K.!
So our week as been so full of Christlike service and sharing the gospel with those who are prepared! We met a man named F the other day on the bus and it turns out he was taught by missionaries in Ghana 30 plus years ago and he still believes in everything he was taught. He never got baptized and so on that bus right there and then I extended the invitation... This new year is a year of change and I know that the greatest change we can ever make is to follow Christ and the example he set. The priesthood power Is restored to the earth and the loving Heavenly Father seeks to bless us if we accept and follow the teachings. 
Something so important to me before and continually through my mission has been prayer. I know we have direct communication with Heavenly Father and he has answered my humble prayers. I know that especially in this Christmas season people are centered on their families and I know that the eternal family around us is missing some of the wayward brothers and sisters. Some have heard the truths of the gospel and many have not, so in the charity of your being seek to help someone else in the Christmas Season and know that the JOY we can all feel is worth far more than the new Iphone. Spending quality time with our families is better but best is sharing the gifts of Christ with those that may have lost members of their families or those that do not see their families often. 
I love you all very much and send my gratitude across the pond!
Elder Cooper and K 
Wrekin England
  
"President Ulrich,

The week has been full these past couple days and I happily say it's beginning to feel like Christmas! With the distance of home and also the lack of snow the season doesn't seem the same. I was really searching for opportunities to share the gospel each moment and I found ways to simply bear witness of Christ. I have been so happy and motivated to share the gospel especially at this time of year we celebrate his birth. 
The companionship of Elder K and I has become stronger and something powerful happened this morning as we exchanged Priesthood blessings. With the sickness of the season I extended the invitation for Elder K to receive a blessing and he took some convincing but we were able to use our Priesthood mightily. 
As he gave me a blessing I really did connect with Heavenly Father. The blessings given and received are always a powerful witness of our fathers love yet this time seemed unique. Some very pure and foundational things were said and I know it was divine! I definitely came on my mission to better fulfill and magnify my Priesthood office.
I have had such powerful and insightful study the past week and I feel myself continuously getting to know both Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. 
There is a quote that I love from Boyd K. Packer's Talk Some things every missionary should know, he is actually quoting President Marion G. Romney as his mission in Australia he explains that the mission is the Lord's Mission. This quote explains, "There is one difference(in life) - now I know the Lord", I am so happy to know of my personal relationship with the Godhead! The scriptures are starting to unfold and I am loving the scriptural treasure I am realizing each time I pray and study the scriptures. 
The Christmas Party this week was much needed and I am loving the Christmas season. The food was splendid the whole day was so pure and Christlike I truly enjoyed it. The Temple was magnificent and I had the opportunity to ponder about foundations of Agency, Charity and Faith. I am still striving to learn All I can from the temple and I receive new strengths and answers every time I go. 
The temple heals us. 
The Wrekin area/District is slowly building and I am confident in Heavenly Father's trust in me at this time. I seek to live to his expectations and also the mission rules for I know they will keep us safe. 
I cannot believe we will not be having P-Day for 10 days but I know I will come out the other side in the new year a changed missionary. 
Thank you for extending that invitation to pray for an hour on Christmas, I look forward to reporting back on the miracles! 

I would love to wish you a Merry Christmas To both you and Sister Ulrich President:) May the blessings of Heaven pour upon you. Enjoy your Christmas and New Year!

Elder Cooper 
Wrekin
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment