Monday 19 December 2016


December 19, 2016

El Grande " President Ulrich, 

I have never prayed so much. The challenges Elder K and myself have overcome are now seeming less like mountains and more like speed bumps. The atonement has been so central to this situation and we could not have come to this point without your help. Your prayers and kind words have softened hearts and allowed us to see the joys of the mission. The focus that Elder K and I are developing is working spiritually smarter. As well as also finding the balance in focused fun. 
Missionary work is meant to bring and develop JOY. That is what the gospel is central on and although it may seem like a fantasy, joy is not always pain-free.  Often it requires of us what we will not and do not want to give up; such as the rich man in Christ's parable regarding salvation and sacrifice.
The Wrekin area is exactly where I need to be and sacrament was such a spiritual meeting for me yesterday. I have never felt the spirit so vibrantly such as that! I was so thankful to meet a ward family that has such potential for missionary work. I think it was a true blessing to leave the friends I loved and start anew in this area. There is a quote that was actually shared by my son Elder A constantly and it is : " There is no progress in a comfort zone and there is NO Comfort in a Progress zone!" That applies exactly to where I am at right now. This opportunity to lead the Wrekin District is not always the most comfortable but it has brought progress to the work. I am thankful for my weaknesses and to have a powerful unity and understanding with Elder K. He is now finding peace in the storm and using the tools given to progress in this work.
We have been working really hard to get to know each other and to strengthen each other’s weaknesses. I have found such compassion and love for him and we have only known each other 6 days. I really am thankful I am able to serve in the Wrekin Area, as I mentioned before it has opened my eyes to the progress I can make in the future.
The work is great and I am loving the Christmas Campaign:) The gospel is centred in family units and I am grateful to be surrounded by the love and kindness of families especially near Christmas. I will miss my family very much but I know who I am and why I am here. Does that mean I am a seasoned missionary yet? 
I know Heavenly Father has such a brilliant plan and I am grateful he accepted someone like me to play a role. The wonderful thing is we all have already made the correct choice to be here on earth. Absolutely all of Heavenly Father’s children knew the plan and I feel blessed to have been born with that knowledge and parentage.
Love you President,
Elder Cooper
Wrekin "

So these last couple days have been a blast!
The first couple days are always difficult adjusting but there have been so many miracles finding and teaching!!!
We have dated two friends for Baptism in the new year ( C and her 11 year old M) They are both Gold! So dynamite:)
We were able to go to a Pizza Hut all you can eat lunch with the more mature Elder and Sister H! They are wonderful they are from Orem and Elder H used to work at BYU! Thursday evening we were able to take our friend S to watch the Testaments with The Wrekin/Telford Area... I absolutely love that film and the spirit is so strong as Christ comes to America and ministers to those in need. I am so humbled to be here in England to minister as the Savior would.
I do not have many photos and I do apologize.
Christmas Dinner with the ward was gold! I love the members and sacrament was very nice yesterday.

Sending my love and very few pictures but its missionary love and that is what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment