Monday 8 May 2017

May 8, 2017

We went as a district to hike the Wrekin! 
You know what that means 😂
Skype: evening maybe around 7 or 8 pm my time. So after Church for you! 
I GOT THE PACKAGE
Thank all those who love and bless missionaries. 
Momma bear I can't express my love to you in words anymore. 
I will serve as the Stripling Warriors and leave all I can on this precious English soil. 
I love the work and I want to just take my heart and testimony and give it to people but that wouldn't be very comfortable and really messy. 
All gore aside I love the work and I love you all very much. 

"President Hinckley asked, “Are you willing to pay so great a price for the gospel?” 
"It’s true, isn’t it? Then what else matters?
This example showed such powerful trust and faith in Jesus Christ. I seek to develop a greater trust slowly and surely. Make the needed changes to become a better vessel. 
Just yesterday I focused my 24 hour fast on cleansing my inner vessel and something caught my heart during the Mission Fireside. The words of our living prophet regarding the sacred word of God in the Book of Mormon, "As we do so, we will be in a position to hear the voice of the Spirit, to resist temptation, to overcome doubt and fear, and to receive Heaven’s help in our lives."
This will become a greater focus in the coming year and eternity to refine my character and build a feasting relationship with The Book Of Mormon. I feel when I study it is far too often focused on me and I will focus the needs of my friends from now on. 
We are so privileged to be in this blessed land. I feel a greater need to rely on the Lord and His gospel. 
"We do not strive for conversion to the Church but to Christ and HIS GOSPEL" -D Todd Christofferson said it best. 
Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles taught about the relationship between loving God and keeping His commandments:
“When we love the Lord, obedience ceases to be a burden. Obedience becomes a delight”
President I have really tried to focus on the specific question: What is your motivation?
There is a higher power than obedience and it is Faith. 
Jacob 4
President my main focus this week was centered on Faith and looking for opportunities to stretch and grow.  

Wrekin B
Elders Cooper and D. 
Exchanges with Elders T and A helped us realize our need to change our motivations. I felt that we were working hard for all the wrong desires and the day of Repentance proved to be a day of conversion. Elder D and I have been getting on so much better since we have both been using the atonement. 
This has been a great wake up call to us as we have been comparing each other a lot lately and I have made a goal to have this devilish character purged from me. 
I am changing so much and I have a great trust in following the Keys. I really do strive to sustain and magnify your counsel and I am thankful for your sacrifice. Thank you for being here. 









Mission Fireside In Manchester and saw Z H from Bolton

Can't wait for next week. 
The gifts were so nice! 

Elder Cooper
13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.
3 Nephi 5:13

No comments:

Post a Comment