Tuesday 28 March 2017

March 28, 2017

Ahhhh you are all my world and I am so excited to be able to message you today. 
We(Elders D and Cooper) are on exchange with the Zone Leaders (Elders S /Portugal and A/Washington) so we have had a crazy day thus far. 
This last week was very focused on bringing others (especially D) unto Christ and we had such sacred experiences.
We have worked really hard and stayed close to D allowing us to maintain a brilliant relationship. In the course of his conversion I have learned more than him even what it's like to come to Christ and weep from joy. 
At D's Baptismal service Elder D and I ended up singing "Teach me to Walk in the Light and Love One Another" it was acapella and turned out very nice if we could say so. I really did feel the spirit and was so excited and humbled that he asked me to perform the ordinance.
It is nostalgia to many the feeling of entering the sacred waters of the baptismal font and looking at a son or daughter of god who is worthy and willing to be there. D just couldn't stop smiling and was so in tune with the spirit. 

27/3/17

D.A.H. has made such a commitment! All we asked him to do to live the Gospel he first pondered and then turned it over to the Lord. We offered a Priesthood Blessing on our very first lesson with him and he was already focused on baptism. The Lord works miracles! His mother at his baptism explained, "You have done in three weeks what I have tried to do for thirty years!" And we responded if we give our will to God, he will make our weaknesses become strengths. We will never forget after his confirmation he read the Book of Mormon and phoned us excitedly. He explained that the Majesty of the Scriptures had changed for him as the Holy Ghost had now magnified the truth in those sacred pages. His conversion came through the Book of Mormon and the motivation to set an example for his family. 

This gentleman really changed the way I am able to see missionary work and softened my heart because of frustration and much of it came through service. 
Elder D and I this week were helping many clean their houses and I got to the point where I was thinking " how can you live like this?" And the spirit spoke so powerfully through Elder D as he quoted Mosiah 2:17
I was in awe that I could have been selfish enough to assume my desires and the Lord only had to remind me that we are all serving Him. 
We ended up having a splendid meal and having a brilliant time! We invited D to invite his mother over for Mother's day and surprise her and we are waiting to hear back:) The work is progressing in Wrekin and we are still working hard! 
My highlights this last week would definitely be the mission tour where early missionaries taught and testified of Jesus Christ. I feel honored to walk the same shores of the Restoration and be a key to the work in this the Lord's work. There were so many sacred places where people such as Elder Hinckley and Elder Kimball bore witness of Jesus Christ and made their part in the Restoration possible. It was such a spiritual experience to sing hymns in Chatburn and Downham and Preston where the saints walked and rejoiced. I loved it and I ended up having everyone in the South zones sign my Hymn Book! It's getting pretty nice and full with people. I will send pictures of everything next week!
Key to thought: If Gordon B Hinckley would have given up would he have ever become known in church history? No, we find our greatest capacity for faith in our deepest trials
I love all of you with a powerful love. I can't imagine returning for I really do want to use every moment to teach the gospel. 
We are not on missions to fill time, I have experienced some of the most profound truths in this life. Not just learned them, pondered and experienced them. The mission is only successful with the Lord, alone we are nothing. 
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. Simple words never have expressed more powerfully that I Know My Redeemer Lives. He is my friend and I really love him. 
The time is at hand and I know that if we are prepared we shall not fear. 
Listen to the voice of true prophets and apostles. I am so excited for General Conference and I invite all of you to ponder and read Beware of Pride. This changed my mission and most definitely my life. God is our Loving Heavenly Father and He has not nor will ever change. We must be the ones to change. 
I am thankful for all the maternal influences in my life and I admire everyone who seeks truth. I am humbled to be born in this church and I know that Families can be together forever. And these things I leave with you in the name of Jesus Christ Amen. 
Elder Cooper
"I would that ye should remember, that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day." Alma 38:5

PS: I know it has been a while for many of you:) accept my apologies and please pray for the missionaries! There is such power in prayer.







No comments:

Post a Comment