Monday 13 March 2017

March 13, 2017

So wonderful to hear from you this week Family and Friends!
Quick updates:
Elder Cooper will be staying in the Wrekin Area! My new Companion is from the Philippines and we served in the MTC together!
We have seen many miracles in the past week and mostly trying with all my might to help our friend D H to enter the waters of Baptism!
The work in our area is doing well and we are trying to teach many families! I will return and focus more in the coming weeks but for now we just stay busy with appointments. 
Today my heart is just softened at all the acts of love I have seen in my life and the focus on Charity for others! I have such a deep respect for those that are sacrificing far greater than I to live with religious freedom or even practice their beliefs:)
The Members in the Wrekin Ward are taking great care of us and we are staying busy. The ward is struggling with retention as the common theme in the gospel around the world. I love being a missionary as I have changed and I can't believe the time passing by.
This is incredibly quick as we have transfers tomorrow and I must make sure the district is in order.
Ship Shape and Bristol fashion ;)
I love you all very much and I look forward to another blessed week seeing growth and love!

"President Ulrich 
There is ACTUAL SUNSHINE IN THE SKY! So refreshing to have spring and summer become a reality and see the change in the hearts of Heavenly Father's children. Especially myself:) I have seen so many of my flaws and I really did focus on the sacrament through the week and the Testimony Meeting was overpowering with the spirit. I love the gospel truths that I personally have studied and craved to know. I believe and testify it comes from humility and desire that truths are revealed and hearts are softened. 

Wrekin B and Telford A Trio: Elders C, Cooper and D. This last week we focused deeply on teaching D H! He has made such a change in his life and really desires to be clean of his wrong doings to others and himself. The Atonement really is such a fundamental process and event as we invite others to make ever lasting change. 
Our few days as a trio exchange were a powerful indicator of where we all can improve. I found it comforting in retrospect that you offered a prayer of patience and charity to be with me as a leader. It was definitely needed and learned these past few days. 
The exchange with the zone leaders was a nice refreshing time where I saw many things within me become lifted. I realized that if your vessel doesn't have fuel you need to become recharged. I lacked any breaks in my missionary work where I could breathe and find peace. Ice cream was a very good break these past couple days. 
However with a new transfer I am attempting a sugar fast:) Wish me luck. 
Respect is EARNED and it is through service that we really understand someone better. 
I love this District with my heart and I am reaching out to those that are new to the Wrekin District Family. 
This transfer is going to be a great continuation of the Lord's work! 
I cannot believe I have been on my mission NINE months already. I am losing track of time as I lose myself in the work but I still lack the proper organization of basic missionary work. This schedule has taught me many things and I definitely need to learn prioritizing! I will repent and improve as Elder D and I rejoice in the blessed land of Wrekin:) 
Teaching in a trio was very different to what I expected. It really does take focus and love to be led by the spirit. Many times there was frustration and awkward pauses but eventually we gained a trust and love to serve in unity. 
I absolutely needed the Harvester message on Resilience this week and I am doing my best to "really try" that is what is required, our best. I am thankful for these opportunities to see my faults in an eternal perspective and know how I can refine myself each week. The closer we get to success the more Satan is pushing us and our friends away. Because of this physical struggle with the adversary our friend D has been exhausted! He missed our appointments and we ended up following up with him to give him a Priesthood blessing. He missed Church on Sunday and we talked with the Bishop in Wrekin. Out of the best interest he feels we need to move the baptism for another weekend and have it be with more members present. I completely respect the Bishop's decision however the adversary is a very real factor in the salvation of Heavenly Father's children. It would have been best to have him at church on Sunday but because of his health and weakness it was not possible for him to travel. We would love to know better how this situation can be held and I personally will contact you today to talk about it:) 

D H was completely fine with moving the baptismal date to the March 18th! 
He is very devoted to becoming a member of the church and it broke his heart to hear about postponing the baptism. I don't want to postpone it again. 
-Very excited about his hair cut to look a brand new gentleman and his baptism to make his soul clean! We will be seeing him tonight:) 
Baptismal date moved to the 18th of March and Bishop wants it moved one more week 25th of March.
A and S P 
-experiences about spiritual world led to a perfect conversation about The Plan of Salvation and the need for sacred covenants. We will be seeing them tonight and throughout the week to help them see the blessings for families in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The church is really faltering in the Wrekin area and we are trying our best to unite the members, leaders and missionaries. Small and simple things lead to great miracles."

No comments:

Post a Comment