Monday 6 February 2017

February 6, 2017

Just because the week has been crazy and the district is having a Preparation Day together I will send you my letter to President and explain my love and feelings in my letter to Father:) 
I will send him the Pictures! 
This week with Elder L was an adventure! I loved it:) 
image1.JPGimage2.JPG
President Ulrich, 
The week has already passed and Elder L and I are getting on so well! We are really focusing on making lasting changes in the lives of those we teach and especially each other. I am starting to realize just how much a mission impacts this mortality. 
Every decision we make on a mission is a reflection of our attitude towards the power God has trusted us with and also the diligence and exactness to the commandments of our loving Heavenly Father. What a day for change. 
There is no time like "this moment" , in "this moment" we decide the action but when it passes nothing can be changed. This moment is the most important for as in the scriptures it says "the morrow will take care of the things of itself" (Matt 6:33-34)
Just as Elder Jeffery R Holland states "Please remember tomorrow, and all the days after that, that the Lord blesses those who want to improve, who accept the need for commandments and try to keep them, who cherish Christlike virtues and strive to the best of their ability to acquire them. If you stumble in that pursuit, so does everyone; the Savior is there to help you keep going. If you fall, summon His strength." This has started to become very real to me! In the very moment of fear and loss or discouragement I have been able to call out for help. Those simple miracles have become stepping stones to greater motivation and success:)
In my past companionships I have always felt I must be the "positive one". The companion who is always peppy and excited and I must say it is exhausting sometimes. However something changed when my desire and need to appear happy was converted into bringing others true joy. 
"They will not care about how much you know, until they know how much you care!" 
Transitioning from the what Elder L and Cooper want and need TO what the Lord truly needs and wants us to fulfil. 
I love this work and I am thankful for the strength it brings me. Even when England is cold and dreary I am able to testify of pure doctrine and MY needs are insignificant. The promise of energy and able-bodiedness is true and I have experienced the change of being joyful in suffering. Even if the rains come down, the truth will prevail! 

I am so glad we were able to travel safely from the MLC this last week! Sister W is doing so much better driving in England and there is much prayer every time they drive together. 
Elder L and Cooper are working hard with some very interested FAMILIES! President we are so excited as we are trying our best to invite these brilliant children of Heavenly Father to partake in the goodness of the Gospel! The D Family is so promising. Their son R has been reading the Book of Mormon and is in Helaman since last week. They have been reading so well and we have invited their family to be baptized! Miracles! S(Father) is looking forward to talking about the priesthood and we promised him that when R(7) turns 8 in less than 20 days that he will be able to baptize her. Search the scriptures for they heal the soul and lead to peace and protection. We are waiting for the Children's Book of Mormon from the office and will be giving it to R as soon as possible. Could you speed that up at all? 

M (13) has been very relaxed when he has been reading the Book of Mormon and feels very unmotivated to be baptized. We are trying this week to fast and pray for his heart to be softened as he missed his baptismal date of Feb 4th:/ 
We love him so much and if it is Heavenly Fathers will, it will happen with Hard work! 

We love you very much President and Sister Ulrich, 
We thank you for the examples that you are and for the revelation to which you receive! The gospel is true and I am thankful to be serving with the Army of Helaman. Even though I may be battered and bruised I will fight the good fight! 
With Love and Prayers, 
Elder Cooper 
Wrekin England"

Love you Momma Bear, 
You inspire me in all things. Thank you for letting me know about the progress back home. 
Send my love back to everyone at home. 
Rest well my momma you deserve all that this world provides. 
Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment