Monday 27 February 2017

February 27, 2017
(excerpt from letters to Mission President and Elder Cooper's family)
I have continued to learn more about the importance of keeping healthy and finding joy in the little things.
My greatest Joy this week was being able Study with intent and look for ways to use the scriptures I have read:) Also to meet so many prepared people! We recently dated our friend D H for Baptism and look forward to the 18th of March to commence with baptism. We are seeing him again on Wednesday and are keeping daily contact. We believe the key to his conversion will be the support of his extended family and also his power in sincere prayer as he overcomes his struggles. He is already very motivated to be living clean and being promised the spirit with his future covenants:) 
We are very excited to be having a baptism in this companionship as things have been difficult trying to follow Heavenly Father's will and not our own. 
The D family have been avoiding us and we are slowly focusing our efforts on family that are ready to accept the gospel. Time to harvest! 
M came to church on Sunday and he is now just trying to stay for sacrament meeting. It is hard not being able to change someone's desires, struggles or addictions. M is no longer dated for baptism and he feels that he just needs time. I myself am just praying he will see the hand of God in his life, I instead have just changed my heart. 
This transfer has honestly been so rewarding and I know it is because Heavenly Father knows and produces greater potential. I feel like Heavenly Father is bringing me to my knees everyday! Humility and charity! 

The Sabbath morning was a powerful humbling experience. In my morning studies I felt very overwhelmed with many thoughts and lack of success and I reflected what makes me a son of God and what makes me a missionary. There has been so much time spent as all missionaries do thinking about outward results and at this point in my mission I have gratitude for the inward man that is changing for better. I am grateful for the inspiration given in the harvester about receiving and recognizing revelation! I read them President I promise! This has been a very common theme in conference talks and also in blessings I have received from both Earthly and Heavenly Father(s)! I re-read my patriarchal blessing and struggle to see where things are coming to pass. Above all I am confident this where I am performing the glorious work of the eternities. I am just a man but I am following His plan! 
I learned from the Addiction Recovery program that pride is not simply arrogance or boastfulness but is actually more enmity with God. 
I have felt many times that my will was not the Father's will because of a lack of outward results or acknowledgement, however my heart has been softened and I have started true repentance! 
I really need divine help to fulfill this work and I feel so much of the weight and responsibility. I feel many times that people cannot care about how to be obedient and just want to walk around. I am here to work not to walk. 
I love you and look for opportunities to share greater love and miracles with you. 
I cannot carry these things alone and missionary work is not a single person" 

So My week in a nutshell with Elder L.
We have been trying to teach families but have had very little luck. We do no know if that is a Missionary issue or just people's agency. Still working very hard even in the midst of pain and trial.
More than anything this week we have learned to accept each others' weaknesses. I have many faults and want to improve.
Thank you for the email. I asked he mission president about the Dictaphone and he never told us yet. We see him tomorrow for interviews and I WILL  ASK! 
I will be working on better journal writing.
We are running late on so many things and I can only focus on charity and humility. I love this work but it seems to be pulling me in a whole new direction. I trust God and his work is most important. 
I have spent some very beautiful moments in the scenic parts of England and I want to return.
Maybe the winter when I return? Hahaha, Maybe we will see!
I am not making plans but I know and trust there is so much more important than my travel plans.

We are really desiring a baptism and the Lord has trust in us. We know it can happen.
We are back and forth between the 11th and 18th for D H's Baptism. He is a man that was an Investigator referral (His EX Partner) and we invited him to be baptized first lesson. He was prepared and we gave him a blessing for strength and guidance. So funny. He has already told everyone he is a Member !

The Daily notes are too funny
I was trying to keep a journal on my Ipad and it just didn't work out.
The Email is running short as I still am trying to figure out how we can group email.
I will organize a better next week!
Family always comes first!

Wrekin was incredible!
My week was very crazy and because of the Hike my body was very sore during the Monday but the next day i was fine. The most interesting part was the power of prayer! I love being able to Study and Pray!
Our Wrekin Family. Elder D Lativa, Elder P Czech Republic, Elder L Alberta!!!!
Sister E Philippines, Sister W Utah, Elder D Philippines, Elder CSpain




We had a Storm in Telford that broke a Huge tree (Goliath) Down and as you see it was a giant.
Therefore we took a picture!
Love it!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment