Monday 20 February 2017

February 20, 2017

Mom and Pops 
The week has been so crazy and I am actually just going to Hike the Wrekin with the Newcastle-under-Lyme Zone! 
In the shortness of time I have attached a couple highlights from the last couple days and also Presidents letter. 
I look forward to reading your responses in the afternoon/evening but I will have to respond on dads email as we are not allowed to "chat". 
I love you and I look forward to hearing from you very soon;) 
Talk to you all a little bit later. 
I honestly am so thankful for being a missionary! Everyday feels like I am becoming a little closer to Heavenly Father. As I have progressed I have learned as we approach the divinity of Gods Light, we in turn start to see the extreme of our disobedience and sin. As many will confess being on a mission shows you your weaknesses and allows you to know how to use the Atonement! I found a talk about the atonement by Dallin H Oaks in one of the most recent conferences,(sorry my memory is rubbish now) and I invite all of you to read it:) 

8 Months Feb 15th

The Lords plan is perfect 
I was supposed to leave in May... 
if I would have left then everything would be different

Events of the day 
Star Trek wallet
Bro & Sis Thomson family History 
Ward Coordination * we left the church and went shopping for biscuits and coconut snaps.  
Being told being Canadian was ace. The cashier fell in love! Haha 
Being on exchange was so nice🏖 
Elder C from Spain he is so full of life and love! We had a great time on exchange 
I love having Elder L as my companion
Oil change spiritually
- I am thankful for the spirit in all things 
I am grateful for being in the same group as my friend and Companion Elder L
This is not a drill! The sun has risen and we are still in bed ahhh

Feb 16th 2017

Dirt jumper 
Redneck rants w/ Elder L 
The hand of the Lord in the timing of the day. 
Being able to adjust to His plan!
D M A - our Friend from Islam 
C. W. planning to go to the temple. Our recent convert in Wrekin is making some pretty sacred goals! Baptisms for the dead and Family History
Laughing all night about accents! 
Our district night was led by Elder L-Movie characters companion. I am Hammy from Over the Hedge;) He is the Lumber jack from Hoodwinked

February 17th

Elder L and I made rice and potatoes and mince for tea at 3pm very early tea
The day was a roller coaster and I am so glad to have a companion! 

Feb 18th 

The Gospel is true and our street display today was crazy. 
The JWs took the best place in the Town Centre and we lost our original spot to a guitar playing busker. (At least he was good!) We still had success...I spoke with a woman named K and also E a man from Latvia. 
K we are seeing tomorrow (Tuesday) and E decided after us talking for an hour that he wasn't interested... it broke my heart. 

Feb 19th

G's family hot chocolate and deep talks about the gospel and house renovation
Sunday was great I loved the talks given in Sacrament focusing on the Book of Mormon and Prophet Joseph Smith!
I am so thankful for your thoughts and look forward to next weeks PDay! 

image1.PNG(Later in Day)
I love all the photos thank you. 
I loved this p day so much even though it left me with five minutes to send a final letter to you all! 
The Wrekin was so crazy, we hiked up two wrong hills before finally getting the actual Hike we wanted. I am very tired and will send you an abundance of photos next Week! 

President Ulrich, 
.... 
Wrekin B Elders L and Cooper. 
Elder L and I are trying to work with the D Family and M H.
We are still finding people in small in simple ways. We actually had a street display on Saturday and I met a woman named K. She is in a multi-faith family and wants to more fully follow Jesus Christ. Heavenly Father just placed her in our path! 
She is brilliant and we look forward to seeing her tomorrow:) We talked about the Plan of Salvation and made it a priority to see her. We invited her to be baptized and she is very excited...we will see what happens tomorrow:)

This week has been pretty average. 

I feel like I am plateauing in my teaching and that scares me. I have assessed many times what to change and I know it comes down to companionship studies and role playing. The simplicity of missionary work is just to love the people. However, the natural man does not like rejection. The week has been hard trying to realize what more we can do as a companionship and how better we can organize our area book and friends. Something I have been completely humbled by is the ability to plan. I really need to repent and make my weakness a strength for I know as I turn that over to Heavenly Father He will change me; only if I am willing to work. 
Elder L and I have found many great people but they are not willing to study and know that the Book of Mormon is true. How can they deny the evidence of God's love? 
I am really struggling trying to have studies that are focused.... I have the power in my hands to make it something more than just reading.

Morning Devotionals have been of revelatory! 
We had a weekly focus this week of having more meaningful prayers. Progress is still progress no matter what speed. FAST AND FASTER! 

Love you President Ulrich. Happy Valentine's Day to you and Mom! 
I am so thankful for the sacrament and the opportunity to learn and grow. 
My testimony of Joseph Smith has been challenged so many times and I am grateful for the evidence of the Book of Mormon and the Priesthood. 

Elder Cooper
Wrekin

No comments:

Post a Comment