Monday 5 September 2016

September 5, 2016
As always shortness of time. 
"President Ulrich,

It’s hard to believe another week has gone. On second thought I can definitely believe that seven days have already elapsed. With the chaos of our schedule and the continual effects of my bodily stress I have tried to maintain the focus on missionary work at hand. Elder B and I have made much progress with our teaching pool and are making such an increase in our friendship. The companionship of the spirit has been strong and I have loved feeling so close in many moments. Seeking to find those that are prepared is easier said than done; which leads me to my favorite saying of the week, "Not EVERY day is Christmas". It is quite an interesting phrase and depending on the perspective it can mean many things. As a missionary at this time I best understood such a claim as, not every day will be a feast of those that are prepared, however every day is a gift. It has been said that how we give our time to the Lord is our gift to him and I couldn't agree more. Every day those small improvements I have made, clearly let me see the priceless truth that is The Gospel of Jesus Christ. Being diligent to seek for teaching opportunities especially when I felt like I had nothing to offer allowed me to find just one more. Even miracles that were very tangible and visual.
As we were tracting near the Haliwell Flat in Bolton, a blue door slowly opened with the wind.  Strange occurrence. The first thing that came to my mind was, ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you; well, sometimes we do not have to knock at all.  Actually, as we were leaving the Elders flat the thought came into my head we need one in French and so I quickly ran back upstairs to find the Iron Rod! I quickly took the opportunity to follow the spirits guidance and we met Mike. He is from the Congo and speaks French and seeing as neither Elder B or myself speak French, we are teaching very simply. He expressed his gratitude and wants to bring his family to church on Sunday. He is a Christian and needs to find the true faith! We are planning to visit this week and we already gave him the Book of Mormon in French. I have gained such a love of the Book of Mormon in these simple 2 1/2 months and it is only magnifying as I study.

Elder B and myself have become much closer as we have embraced each others weaknesses and we actually had many powerful sacred experiences that I shall never forget. We had our first companionship inventory and I must repent as I now know the importance of being honest and clear with each other. It has been such a strength and we just discussed for quite some time mid week, I actually just listened to Elder B rant for 15 mins, I didn’t need to say a thing. I know I was called on a mission to help save souls and to embrace and strengthen companions who need it the most. Our training has been very profitable and I have appreciated the direction and testimony of Elder B in every instance. I don’t think I will ever forget about his Dog. I have great admiration for his maturity and sacrifice. Being a little older does not make us late for missionary service at all and I am sure we truly did meet in the pre-existence. Heavenly Father takes care of his missionaries and sends angels to attend in many times of need. We have worked our best and we are awaiting continued fruits of our service. E and K who were dated for the 10th of September and now neither will communicate. Satan works his hardest on those trying to change for righteous purposes and we are looking to our new 14 Investigators for growth!
Love and admire you President, see you this Wednesday:)
Elder Cooper
Bolton England"

So this Wednesday is our Mission Tour for Elder Leimer, Area 70!!!! So things are getting pretty stressful in the UK as we were warned he is trying to visit some flats to inspect. Never was the scripture, "cleanliness next to godliness" so applicable;) Loved reading everyone’s emails but as is I am trying to make a more general email in addition to our family to make these letters a little bit more exciting.
Know I love you all so very much and I intend to send pictures very soon, if not in the end of this email. I am praying for time.

This week..... Roller Coaster.
We (Elder B and I) had two Investigators dated for Baptism and we were progressing so very nicely; mid-week received a text no longer interested. Satan is trying to discourage in so many ways and this made us reapply ourselves and find a variety of ways to contact. I even resorted to saying I was lost; never rule anything or anyone out. You never know who is prepared and what the Lords timing truly is. LISTEN to the SPIRIT! Ahhhh such a powerful week. The spirit was just spoon feeding the children of God this week and I feel so humbled to have witnessed the change in their eyes.
We taught our friend D the plan of salvation this week and near the end of the lesson as we were about to close in prayer this happened, " Elders the last time you left I felt so strange but it was a fulfilling feeling and I can’t express it but by saying it was peace." E. B+C "Do you want that feeling D?" D " What kinda question is that fer a lad like me self, O course" E. B+C "Have you ever felt this before?" D " Not since I was a boy....." Needless to say we invited him to be baptised and he said YES!!!! There is sunshine in my soul ALWAYS!!!!! ( He is Irish by the way ;) ) For health reasons we are finding a later date but I am so happy he is preparing himself! This experience honestly felt like a movie. It was too perfect and I was in the moment like whaaattt???? nooooo , and yes the spirit pretty much led word for word. I have never seen anything like that. 

We had many rainy days here in England and cannot express my love for umbrellas! Saves the day, the most stressful part is always being prepared for torrential rains and then being in the sauna of an English single/double decker bus. Side note, bus contacting may be one of my favourite things in the world. I have met some of the most prepared and loving people in bus situations. Anytime, Anywhere....Always the Word of the Lord will go forth!
I met a British woman who has a crush on my Canadian accent mom! Hahaha it’s kind of an awkward situation but Elder B and I had a very thorough chuckle! We are actually meeting her this Friday and hoping it’s for the purpose of learning about the gospel and not just to talk to foreign missionaries.

If anything my knowledge of the gospel has been ever so focused and I love studying for others every morning. I am learning to be more prepared, to see and fulfill revelation and seek for continual support for guidance. I know that Heavenly Father wants all his missionaries to succeed and I love being in the England Manchester Mission. It is 1000% focused on strict obedience and I know that I need that in my life. I thought many times back to my preparation for the mission and the foundation of obedience as it is the first law of heaven and know it is divine. ** President Spackman!*  
 
I am learning to love absolutely everything and I was SOOOO happy to hear the preparation of so many missionaries from back home. God Speed my friends! 

Picture time!!!!
 This is our ward mission leader Bro S!!!! 
I absolutely love this man!
Also today Elder B and I held a picnic for the Bolton Ward. I made a cake and I only had 11 strawbs candies…turned out to be exactly enough :) Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways, even with sweets!
This coming week we have filled the dinner calendar, every day but Wednesday! I am making a goal of 7! Hahaha maybe soon 
      
Love being a missionary and sending the love (not the rainy weather ) home :)
Elder Cooper 

Bolton England

No comments:

Post a Comment