Monday 29 August 2016

Aug 29/2016

Tadahhhh momma I wake up every morning and think my goodness I am a missionary. 
If only it were all sunshine and rainbows twenty four seven. In all honesty I would not want to live in a perfect world partly because I still want to progress in this one first and also if everyone was perfect the opposition/extreme would dissipate. It's so beautiful to have diversity and the ability to grow. If everyone were perfect in their knowledge faith wouldn't play a central role. We would already know we would simply be waiting for the fulfillment of signs. 
Perfection is to find purpose. It is so fulfilling to be able to fail and fear, as a matter of fact I love it! Without these obstacles we would never learn to develop physical or spiritual balance, learn how to improve or even learn to speak another language.  Especially being a missionary you live this principle of failure and you see it daily. I mean that in a positive way I promise. Always an opportunity to see a miracle. They are small and simple do not miss them. 
So surprise, surprise I neglected to write in my journal and became a procrastinator momma:/ forgive me. Life is busy and I can recall for the most part the events of the week but mostly how I felt! 
There is highs and lows for a reason. This week was filled with some pretty significant events so let's see what the old thinker can do.
Seeing as it is the Bolton Food and drink festival this weekend there are people all around gathering to meet celebrity chefs and have samples of various foods. Delicious by the way! Our district had the opportunity to host a street display in the town square where these tents were set up for the festival! We ended up being moved down to the end of the square to a courtyard after ten minutes of setting up because the area we were in was a congestion point. However, we did not fear, the Lord provides a way. We quickly shifted and began to simply talk to people that were passing by and ended up finding and setting appointments with many children of God!
As explained in my message to President Ulrich the focus has been to develop diligence and I am so happy for every opportunity to talk with people even when my energy is low( trust me it happens ) sad truth. 
We met with E. again and reviewed preparation for Baptism, full speed ahead and we are continuing to pray for her:) She just needs to figure her schedule out so we can teach! The Lord always provides a way😇
Elder B and myself offered many blessings of healing and also comfort this week and I am so humbled to hold the priesthood it really is the power and authority of God. This is His work and He is in charge. Every day I am thankful to wear the name of the Savior next to my own and I strive to be worthy of that call! 
The scriptures are like gold and I should have brought my smaller scriptures, however, do not send them it's okay. I am loving having a fresh start to record promptings and favorite mission scriptures! 

Stay near the Lord and He will stay near you. 
The yoke like a covenant, we must both be willing in order to achieve the potential (Celestial never forget! )
The Savior is knocking on your door but when will you answer it? 

Love you love you love you!!!! 
Elder Cooper 
Bolton England  


"Aug 29th President Ulrich,
What a radiant P-Day! There truly is sunshine in my soul today from being a missionary however, especially from visiting the temple. The temple today was a much needed recharge! I really do love the temple as everyone does. Put simply in words, Home. Some powerful revelation and the realty that I was surrounded by angels was so profound. Everyone really is so beautiful and unique and I am so happy to be united in the house of the Lord with so many :) This would not be possible without so many helpers in the Bolton ward. Especially Sister U.! She is a powerful example of member missionary work and ever so willing to extend a hand of service even with the slow pace that it would take. 
The power of threes; I owe so much to three members of our ward! They are so involved in the missionary work and I am filled with gladness when they are near. 
Yesterday in sacrament a friend (Andy) gave a talk on service and commented on how some individuals of this world are drains and some are radiators. Sounds kind of strange I know, however, as he expounded it was evident this is true in the church as members and also as missionaries. "Drains" as titled are leeches of energy and spirituality; trying to bring us down and distract from the work the Lord wishes us to accomplish. Here in life only to spend time and wasting it without a purpose. 
"Radiators" spend their day soloing outward for opportunities to bless others out of Christ like love and not for acknowledgement. I enjoyed how this is so nicely expressed, "it's just what WE do." This allowed me to assess where I am as a missionary and what I can I improve on this week? What else can I build upon and refine? Not simply what can I make of this? Everyone to some degree or another is given the materials to succeed and progress especially as missionaries! It's what can be refined and applied, not just to be learnt and forgotten. This week in the mission will be focused on diligence and love. I have already seen a miracle as I contacted Eunice for one month straight before she answered and we could meet. By always showing I cared she knew I wanted to help and that I actually was a servant of God. She openly thanked Elder B and I "for never giving up because life became chaotic and I could not ever find time". The Lord’s timing is perfect and I am thankful for a simple example of showing someone you care diligently brings forth blessings. She is still dated for the 10th of September to be baptised and Elder B and myself could not be more excited! Ahhh….my first actual investigator baptism. We continually pray for her and plead she will do what she knows to be correct. 
On a deeper note I have noticed Satan trying to impede the progression of this beautiful work! Satan is parasitically in every beautiful thing and he tries more than ever to try and make the children of God, 1 procrastinate and 2 be distracted. These two plots are leading to the disregard of our families, happiness, self worth and the joy of repentance. *No man can serve two masters as it's the equivalent of having a tug of war with your mind and soul. (3 Nephi 13:24) However in chaos there is always moments of peace offered by the one true peacemaker. Prepare, pray, pursue.... Building the understanding of praying with purpose, more than anything I think will be a foundation in these two years. I have only begun:) as I have prayed oh so many times there are countless opportunities to pray for others and especially where to go! Learning to pray always for direction is crucial. Start, it's the hardest part, the Lord will take you where He needs you. Every opportunity can be a miracle.*
This week has required much diligence and the call to pronounce blessings by the priesthood. I choose not to express all my feelings of these events mostly because of time but also they are very special to me. Not simply special but sacred. 
The miracle for me this week was a blessing Elder B and myself gave to an ill member in the hospital. We were praying and felt prompted to go visit a LA not too far from the hospital. We received a phone call from a member family whose father was unwell. Perfect timing! He was physically uncomfortable for some time and hadn't been able to sleep very well, if at all. He doesn't speak English very well therefore communication was already difficult. We opened with a prayer and offered the blessing. The moment we closed the blessing I felt the spirit say let him be at peace and I saw his whole body relax. A physical manifestation of his faith and the power of the priesthood. It was the first time I had witnessed something so bold and felt the spirit so strongly. I will never forget this experience and I cannot deny the depth of the priesthood.
If anything from this experience I understood that Heavenly Fathers plan is exceptionally perfect and we need only listen to know where/how to follow. As well as the key of FAITH in the healing power of the priesthood! 
Love you both ever so much!
Elder Cooper 
Bolton England"



No comments:

Post a Comment