Monday 15 August 2016

August 15, 2016

Hope you all are having a beautiful day!
The work as I explained is always a little tough. Both physically and spiritually demanding and it finally caught up to me.
So this Sabbath day I was asked to give a talk 10-15 mins on the Origins of The Book of Mormon. I centered it mostly on how we best apply the foundations of the gospel in our home.
Just as the Book of Mormon starts with prophets, prayer, families and the importance of their records. We each are recording the doctrines and revelations we have received in our minds and hopefully we have recorded them for our own children. Something I was never proficient at was my journal writing, however through study and making habits I have made it a priority even when time is short. There really is blessings in writing what the Lord has inspired us with, or even just the accounts of our day.
Make every day count.
“Aug 11th.
England actually poured today and it finally felt like a weather filled day. So much chaos and I have gained the understanding the three greatest things you have on a mission in England are;
the spirit, your companion, and an umbrella. Thank goodness for all three! 
All of these glorious things keep you protected in so many ways!
Probably one of my favourite entries!”
FOOD, we are doing the best we can and the members are taking care of us. Sorry I never took a photo of the 4 dessert Tea appointment, I would have been ashamed asking for a picture plus I really never bring my camera.
There is always room to improve.
Love you all very much running out of time!
Peace in the gospel, 
Elder Cooper
Bolton
President Ulrich! 
Such a pleasure to have contact with you during the week; brings much sunshine into my soul talking to you! Thank you for your advice and constant example. This week honestly has been one of the most trying as far as rejection may come. We had a total of 14 appointments fall through and it is ever so present that Satan is trying his hardest to confuse, distract and discourage not only ourselves but our investigator friends! However the Bolton area has definitely developed the love of hymn 227. I have never sung that song more in my life hahah. It has also been an incredibly miraculous week finding those that are prepared :) I can see Heavenly Father’s involvement; sending those that are prepared in our path and I continually pray that I can be receptive to those promptings. 
Meeting with Noel twice this week, I could think of your words... "Now, let's get you baptised:)" I cannot exactly recall where I heard that mentioned but it was to your account; must have been the first five weeks. It is always incredibly powerful listening and being in those events and the recent convert fireside made the desire for my friends of the church to receive that immense blessing. I have gained the understanding of agency in all aspects this week. As difficult as this week was I noticed the fulfilment of being obedient to the schedule. It was difficult the last couple days as I was working very hard on my talk, which went well I might add:). And waking up early (515 )to write in my journal/ finish my talk, was often difficult after working a long and strenuous day. If anything I love how missionary work is both a physical and spiritual work out! You always have to put in the effort to see results and those results have come! 
Many new friends of the church and also powerful opposition have proven the effectiveness and saving power of this mission. There will always be opposition however we can perceive our personal and companion situation in order to best overcome. I love that being a missionary is not about being perfect or fitting a mold. We all can still express our personal gifts and talents to further the lords work, especially when we may feel at our lowest. 
*Heavenly Father recognizes and rewards righteous sacrifice! Often as missionaries we look at what we have given up and sometimes miss what we have gained in the grand scheme of things! Our sacrifices are rewarded in this errand of angels by the changes made by our new friends seeing the fruits of righteous living. All the more frustrating though when they reject what they have come to know. Learning and personally understanding that everyone is afraid of change is something natural and part of mortality. If anything this first transfer has centered on my personal development of patience and optimism. President, I absolutely love being able to stay in Bolton as I feel ever so invested in the seeds of faith that have been planted and I look forward to watching these children of God further that progression to follow Christ! I am honored to be staying with Elder B. We have hit the ground running since day one... in quite the literal sense though. He may be slightly vertically challenged yet he keeps pace, if not surpasses me! He is an incredible example of diligent hard work, and boldness to testify and preach loving repentance. We have made a goal to improve our time management this transfer and we are putting our best into this work. 
We also received the invitation to progress to hold a UK drivers license. Is there a specific date we need to complete that by? All we can say is it shall be done and thank you for this opportunity. 
Still praying for you and your spectacular companion. Thank you for all that you do and the expectations in this, the England Manchester Mission. 

Sincerest Regards, 
Elder Cooper 
Bolton England " 


I will have extra time in the library; Elder B and I are staying in BOLTON!!!! 
This week has gone so fast and it has already been a transfer. Crumbs (equivalent of dang it) people! 
If I had to simplify this week: As explained in my letter to President I have learned patience in absolutely everything and the capacity to learn the small and simple things. 

Music really has brought miracles. Elder B and I were exhausted from tracting and we simply prayed for a miracle as we waited for the bus. We felt prompted to start singing some hymn 227, life is all about sunshine family, it really is. Especially in England! A young woman walked our way and we tried to talk ... Rejection, family with a baby, not interested. Finally, a young woman who was blasting music walks by and we get her attention. Learned she was trying to track down a bus and we got talking, her name is Inessa - she is a miracle. We talked past our bus stops and made a commitment to meet her this Thursday. It is always the last house or last child of God you talk too that needs that message you bring. Still working hard to bring others to come unto Christ however for now the master is allowing me to plant seeds. Momma, I'm a gardener in the most fertile field of work. It rains constantly and I get to plant seeds of faith. Sooner or later they will sprout🌳 

No comments:

Post a Comment