Monday 22 August 2016

August 22, 2016

Dearest family,
I have read everyone's emails and I loved them oh so much, such joy to see those I love sharing more light of home and your strength in the gospel! 

So my week was filled with becoming as dearest mother said last week. 
People are actually being fined for splashing people with puddles here in England. I will be completely honest I would just love to splash through the puddles here! It's like Lake Michigan every intersection and it's mid August, like whaaattt. Staying dry and yes my feet have improved slowly but surely. It’s always the small things that make the difference.
Seeing the miracles each day and all the hard work pays off! We have dated our friend Eunice for baptism! The middle of Sept 10th or 17th, there is many family record baptisms during September and we are hoping to have more than one!!! 
I saw the most shocking thing Saturday before our street display in the rain, some grandmother was helping her grandson pee on the side of the Bolton mall! I was like REPENT Madame!!!! They have bathrooms in malls for a reason. It had to make my weekly letter, needed to let the world know how uneasy I was. 
England is finally starting to feel like England! It has rained pretty sporadically and we sing there is sunshine in my soul today, on repeat. There is ever so much to be happy about:) Being a missionary is not all sunshine and rainbows and it truly is about being the best that you can be. 
I have progressed in my knowledge and I loved growing up in the church. Studying all the doctrine now makes me realise how golden primary was more than ever. Being able to learn the articles of faith and sing primary songs is a nostalgic experience to say the least. The foundation you build is essential! I still love to this day the wise/ foolish man and their experiences with adversity. It is ever so present in the modern day that the world is taking captivity over the will of the children of God and persuading wickedness to be appealing and rewarding. 
Boldly stated WICKEDNESS NEVER WAS ( or ever will be) HAPPINESS! However it is so special to see a son or daughter of God realise their potential to become and triumph over the worlds grasp. 
My testimony is built on that of the fullness of the Atonement of our Brother Jesus Christ, and when the day shall come where will you be standing? 
Mosiah 18:9
3 Nephi 5:13
Doctrine and Covenants 5:32 

Oh exciting story before I sign off. Elder B and I took the wrong bus the other night and ended up getting lost... I understand that Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways and He sent us prepared individuals that we could teach this coming week. There is miracles even in Chaos my friends. 
Another funny story is the multi-languages in England. Daily, Elder B and I have talked to individuals who do not speak English this causes a barrier..  I am praying for the gift of tongues! In all seriousness it's like a game of charades and I love being more completely with how to teach with actions and physical mannerisms. If anything it keeps us on our toes and always smiling😆 

Love you all very much take care :) 
Cheerah 
Elder Cooper

His letter to President Ulrich….

Another week has passed and I am shocked at how quickly time disappears. Quite powerless we are to the subjectivity of time. It is talked about so freely and yet we cannot imagine the vast expansion of the eternity to follow. Only that we can aspire and inspire others to receive such promise through a covenant keeping mortality:) 
I was inspired recently by a fellow elder from my MTC group who is serving in Germany. As explained, "First NEVER Follows." I let that resonate and determined where do I set myself in the work? Also where does Heavenly Father see or want me to be? Surely he wants all his missionaries to succeed and sometimes that may mean that you build yourself through service or you are always tracting or that you teach constantly. As long as you give your absolute best, you will not regret the use of your time. That being said, "oh be wise", using the power of prayer seek guidance from the Holy Ghost. However I have studied and concluded that we have the precious gift of agency and we need to act not just ask. 
This lesson was well learned and very important as it applies to the motivation of improved time management for this transfer. I myself want to strengthen and re-activate many sheep that have wandered as well as build the teaching pool in the Bolton Area. Elder B and I work hard each day to find those that need inspiration only the gospel can bring and we seek for that inspiration ourselves each morning as we study. There is always room for improvement! There is one more child of God waiting to find that truth and I am terrified of losing that opportunity. I have tried to internalize what I teach especially in regards to giving out best and the atonement is for everyone. I often feel as a missionary that I fall short of perfection and for good reason; as I am not expected to maintain perfection. I have made a covenant to apply myself and BECOME better each day, by doing the hardest thing know.... Forgiving myself and setting goals. I must say, I have not sought to be perfect. I only seek to find small and simple improvements where I can apply the atonement and live and learn what I profess. I love seeing the miracles each day and I continually gain the reality of this work each day. 
Recently (Sat 20th /Sun 21st) the Bolton Sisters' investigator was baptized and confirmed the newest member of the Bolton ward in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:) What an experience to be in attendance and adding to that excitement I was able to baptize her! This will be my first investigator baptism since I have been on my mission and I know it will not be the last. Working with many friends to further their love and understanding of Jesus Christ:) I will never forget day one as Elder B offered me a Missionary planner that stated "teach repentance, baptize converts", that will never leave my memory. That being said.... Our friend E. has just accepted to follow the example of Jesus Christ as well and is to be baptized Sept 10th! Elder B and myself could not be more excited and we are building the teaching pool each day. More to follow and still much to report in days to come. 
We thank you oh so much for your expertise and counsel in all matters and we continue to pray for you and your extraordinary companion.

Love and Regards,
Elder Cooper 

Bolton England 

No comments:

Post a Comment