Monday 19 September 2016

 September 19, 2016
Mommaaaaaaa Oooooooooooooooo (Queen) In case you were Wondering...;)
I love you I love you I love yooouuuuuu no surprise though, I have the greatest mother in the universe.
I feel kind of chaotic at the moment and am trying my hardest to focus on writing, in the words of Spike "the struggle is REAL!" 
With everything that has happened today it has been a true adventure.
We Cleaned the second Elders Flat  this morning with A and P plus the Sisters! I am so happy to be finished but the morning was a process.
Many bodies made the work efficient though:) Yay for helping hands!
I only took a few photos but I wouldn't have wanted to show you the beginning state of their flat....
This was the results of many cleaning supplies and the hard work of many :) I cannot truly show you the contrast of qualities but just trust me, it was not livable before.
As time is going to be focused on Janae I will be short but loving.

"President Ulrich,
Weeks are starting to add as I am now on the 12th week of (Fully) being in the England Manchester Mission! I cannot believe how time just decays as we work everyday. I have been seeing the contrast of days as some days are indeed more inspired than others. Mission life has been a roller coaster and I have improved with my health as well. Fit for service as they would say. Things have been a struggle as Elder Bengini has been sick for some days now and he is too stubborn hahaha I love him so much though. Elder Benigni and I have been striving for improvement in all areas of the mission work but especially with the members this past week:) We had the opportunity to share many spiritual thoughts with the Bolton ward families and are striving to gain their trust in Heavenly Fathers work. We have developed a stronger relationship with our ward mission leader Brother Sunday and we are visiting with the bishop to propel the work in Bolton yet again. He has been on holidays for quite some time so we have relayed our progress through the ward leaders.
Both the Mission tour and our last Zone Meeting focused on relations and trust of missionary work within the wards we associate and are assigned. It has been a rough transition for some of the families especially with 6 Pm in regards to Tea Appts. They often express sarcasm and unbelief however with love we explain our need to be obedient. I guess more than anything it proves people do not like to change, it applies to all aspects of life even church.
Our Progress with our friends has been wonderful we have seen many promising children of god with needs no one in the world can answer. I love the power of prayer and know that our number one source of truth is our Heavenly Father. No one is above the power of prayer. No matter what age, race, or religious background, seeking truth for the eternity must be found within prayer. I love how it so clear states this in Preach My Gospel, paraphrased No spirtual can be known except through prayer... It takes the humility and preparation to seek divine inspiration and because Heavenly Father knows our intentions we cannot deceive him. He has answered my prayers in so many ways this week and i am feeling more and more the mantle that comes with missionary work:) It has been real for quite sometime but now that my friends have prepared themselves to be baptized soon and some have lost their paths I have seen the brief glances of the highs and lows of Missionary service.
I am very excited for the coming of General Conference the beginning of October and look forward for this first conference while being a missionary. These past three months have seemed to magnify the joys of mortality physically and of course spiritually. I have seen the blessings of living the gospel and cannot and will not deny the truthfulness of the knowledge i have gained. To do such would hurt myself and my Heavenly Father. I do not want to let him down.
I had an amazing experience speaking to a lovely woman named Doreen, she is Jehovahs Witness and Elder Benigni and I knocked on her door bringing the message Christmas was only 3 months away. Not the greatest introduction considering the situation. She bantered back to me of her feelings and the falsities of the modern celebration and the developed monetary misuse of the event. It was clear we were not welcome. After listening I simply explained the intentions of missionary work, proclaiming the truthfulness of both the Bible and The Book of Mormon, how they support and enrich one another. The only words i had to mention were the atonement of Jesus Christ and she did not know what to say. I felt so strongly the spirit and allowed her the time to feel it as well. She quite nicely wished us a great day and we left her with much to think about and our promise to return and continue to talk. It was a beautiful experience as I had never felt so boldly the power to testify of the existing prophecies in each text. I wont forget this experience and hope neither will she :)
Everything is progressing and we are helping everyone we can whether it be the no-smoke program or addiction recovery or just overcoming the sacrifice from better to best. The Church of Jesus Christ has always been in my life and I will always feel a debt to what i have been surrounded by. I have now developed the love for the church in two words, Christs Help, It is there when we need it the most and we are the help provided to others when help is needed. I absolutely love that the Lords Storehouse is not only supplies monetarily and physically however it consists of spiritual nourishment and the members of the church are essential aspects of such a force. "We are all enlisted.... And that has made me the happiest of all." 
This work is Glorious and I feel that Heavenly Father is proud.
Love you President Ulrich.
Elder Cooper 
Bolton England
"

So many Spiritual experiences this week and seeing the growth has been fantastic. I have been doing my best and the foot really is not bothering me. I did go to the Podiatrist and she spoke of just cutting off my toe... Totally joking I am completely alright! She was very impressed at how well I took care of it considering the circumstance it was in. I had a very humorous time trying to organize the appointment though. I had the pleasure of talking to Sister H our mission nurse and had to send her pictures of my toe. I wrote her this funny email and made her laugh. Life is meant to be enjoyed and mission life is always enjoyable. 

I was talking to a Gentleman in my ward over tea yesterday and he served his mission with a R. H. and I was wondering if that was Aunt L’s brother? If so could you pass on the word that Brother P would love to speak with him via the media of the world wide web ;) MIssion Accomplished!
Bus Contacting and tracting (FINDING) have got to be the most entertaining mission aspects. I love teaching people but you do not teach until you find. So we have met quite the variety of Heavenly Fathers Children!!! England is a very immodest place and it’s frustrating the lack of care for somethings. Elder B and I have studied the scriptures to call people to repentance. Completely necessary! I had a man during street display hitting on the sisters and I spoke with him instead and he ended up telling me he uses the scriptures of God to roll his drugs. I have never been so disappointed in humanity. I love England so much though and look for opportunities every day to bring sunshine into the soul!
Singing in the rainy English sq. is beautiful!  I love it!


We received an investigator named G and her boyfriend J from our district leader (Elder W, UK) and his companion (Elder P.... the Globe somewhere) and they are actually miracles. G grew up in so many different churches and never knew which was true, just wanted to find the answers for life and truth and did not know where to find them. So one beautiful morning she knelt in a grove of tre- wait a second...... She truly is a female Joseph Smith Story in so many ways and I am meeting her with Elder P this Tuesday on my first companion exchange!!!! Elder B is going to Whitefield and Elder P is joining me in Bolton. We have quite the day planned!
Tuesday morning we have the privilege of attending a funeral, a dear member of our ward who was struggling for some time. She is so happy and free now and that knowledge brings such bittersweet joy. She will be missed even though we only knew her briefly.

M unfortunately stopped the program after 8 hours but he feels the love of the church and wants to return to learn things are difficult with his family situation. 
He has all the potential and I am going to be patient and watch him return when he is ready. 
L Missed church on Sunday and her scheduled appt with us last week ;( hoping  to see her soon!
It is the balance of chasing after some sheep and letting some return on their own...
Everyone is personal to Heavenly Father and He knows their progression.

Keep Smiling and Enjoy your week!


No comments:

Post a Comment