Monday 28 August 2017

Hello wonderful Friends and Family, 
Because of the excitement of the day today time has run very short. 
We got to go the TEMPLE!!!!
It is always such a time of revelation and peace sometimes it's hard to leave. I actually never want to go and today was such a special opportunity as most of the missionaries in The England Manchester Mission got to attend. Many familiar faces and reuniting with friends returning home. 
I have had a lot of time to think about the sacred time of Missionary Service and the promises made in the temple and baptism. We all promise to be witnesses of Christ and sometimes we need reminding. 
In The Book of Mormon we are reminded many times how the pride cycle works and how the natural man is an enemy to god which leaves much Area to assess where we stand with god now. This moment is what matters. Joshua in the Bible says Choose this day. We cannot choose tomorrow so serve god today, likewise we cannot change Yesterday. 
Be a disciple of Jesus Christ today in word and deed. 

We met many new miracles this week whom we believe Heavenly Father has prepared to accept the gospel and keep those commitments. 
To follow up with last week S. unfortunately has not returned our messages but we will be calling by to see her as soon as possible. 
K. our young friend who we helped move house actually started reading The Book of Mormon and realized Heavenly Fathers love for him as he read. There are so many miracles from reading those sacred pages of sacrifice and devotion. President Thomas S. Monson in last conference remarked "If you are not reading The Book of Mormon DAILY please do so." We are promised clarity and confidence as we keep the commandments of our Father. 
My final miracle this week has been Elder L.! I love my companion and he has brought me so much peace. He truly has balanced this work for me at this time in Blackburn. I love him and I am thankful that we can see such progress in the Work. The work will progress in the homes if the members. 
We are striving to teach in the homes of members. When we can teach their friends the work will really increase.
The Standard of Truth cannot be stopped! Haha 

Love you all. 

Elder J. R. Cooper 

7 Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.
8 Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me.

-Micah 7

Momma Goose, It was so nice to hear from you again this week and now I am just trying to collect my thoughts. These recent pictures of Elder L and I were taken at the Stake Center in Chorley right next to the temple! One day I will show it to you.

I just wanted to take the time to express gratitude for all that you have done! I received your letter and am so excited to read it! I feel like such a changed young man and you are so right when you talked about the relationship with the Savior. There is no greater time of study and devotion than while you are on a mission. You will not have the opportunity again to fully wear the name of Christ unless you are an apostle! Every second counts!
I love you and I love the lord.
I am doing fine and don't need anything extra just thought I would share a few funny photos! Thank you for your insights about the scriptures and the new members in your ward. 
Love you lots momma bird.
Your young bird flying the nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment