Monday 14 August 2017

Hello Mom,
I am doing terrifically well today yes indeed!
I read both your letter and Dad's and the Spirit was so powerful. I thought about having been offered the opportunity to represent the ward in Moroni's Quest a couple years ago and the choice I made to leave it behind. I hope just as you that one day I too will have the opportunity to be involved. Can't go back to childhood. So did all these events and reenactments happen one day after another? Did the Youth return home each night? I would imagine so haha. I love the imagery of the events you portrayed, I thank you for the work which you have done. Sacrifice on top of everything you do for work and all.

The British Pageant has come to a close and many tears have been shed from the spirit that bore witness that it was true. I learned something though.... In Nauvoo where Elder S. was serving they perform The British Pageant a couple times a week. I would love the incredible opportunity to bear testimony as a pioneer Missionary singing and dancing away.
I wasn't feeling very good the last performance we attended so Elder L and I didn't go perform at the end we just watched and the perspective changes so much when you watch the performance. I don't know if I like being in the audience or on the stage better... haha! 

Z is actually being taught by the Sister Missionaries and she has asked me to baptize her on the 19th of August. What a Joy, She fits in so well in the ward and is a little crazy with the other sisters but they were already a riotous bunch ;)
They remind me of our Elderly family members always having a laugh.

Because of how busy things were this week there really wasn't anything too crazy happening here.
I had a lot of time to think when I wasn't so well and I thought about the successes we have as missionaries and also seeing friends return home.

I just want to serve. Become stronger Physically, Intellectually and Spiritually. Become is such a key word. What President McReynolds has really taught us is to Become something you must first SEE. Vision and Goals have never been a strength of mine. HELP haha

No, I don't think I would need anything urgently... other than your love and maybe a picture or two of Moroni's Quest!
Love You all loads,
Highlights: 
French Toast with Syrup Ice Cream and Fruit!!!!!! I was overjoyed finding good syrup here. 
Life just became so much better.

I Will Miss General Conference Breakfasts but there will always be more:)
All My love to family and friends.
R and T said some very kind words and I would appreciate you thanking them for me. I need to email Elder P soon.
  

"Week five in the Blackburn area built upon the work of the previous four. We have continued to contact those on the Less active lists and have contacted many who are in great need of help. Heavenly Father truly has placed us in the homes of those who need HIS love at that moment. As I reflect on the past year and a half I I think about the Lords Timing and how key it is. Sometimes we may be early and may have to take a second to prepare and observe and at other times we may need to be very quick to react. In either circumstance this truth is the same, We must remain in tune/focus to his Will and Thoughts. I have experienced many times in previous area where Companions and I have felt a sense of purpose in an area only to realize that someone needed a priesthood blessing or a need was met in someway.
Something I have loved from personal studies this week is learning about asking inspired questions and learning to Listen. Two very fundamental keys to missionary work. Asking a wrong question at a spiritual peak of the lesson may distract or detract from the Spirit. What a lesson to learn.

The Wonderful Spirit that attended the British Pageant brought me to a greater desire for family history and I really look forward to learning more about it in the coming years. These links between the physical mortal world and spirit world are being strengthened by the Authority and Keys on this earth. What a Blessing to be born at this time. It makes me feel incredibly fortunate knowing we have something so precious that was lost from the earth and know the elect are searching for it." 

No comments:

Post a Comment