Wednesday 21 June 2017

June 19, 2017

Famajamlon;) 
What is cooking Good lookin' people? 
Elder Cooper that is who is cooking. The weather for our last week has been above 20 degrees and no wind so it has reminded me very much of The Balmy Arizona:) Today we went to Blackpool as a District in Preston and had Fish and Chips with so many wonderful Elders and Sisters. 
We have had a much better week and are even more united. There is a great power in prayer and especially using and manifesting the Power and Authority of the Priesthood. 
Yesterday we had our Preston Stake Conference and also interviews with President and Sister Ulrich. I love having a mission mom and dad but they will never replace both of my divine Earthly Parents. We had a powerful conversation about knowing you are a successful missionary. It is not in outward immediate success but in the fulfillment of divine covenants. In short, to see your posterity be sealed for eternity! 
President invited and promised me in the name of Jesus Christ that I could memorize my patriarchal blessing in the two weeks before he leaves. What are you willing to do? I love this promise and I actually asked him, " President is that really possible, do you actually promise that?" He smiled and spoke softly....Yes, for this will be your testimony before the Savior. You HAVE  been faithful, I love you!
I have considered this thought the whole day: if (insert your favorite apostle, mine being Jeffery R Holland) was my mission President would I serve differently? If the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ was my mission President would I serve differently? 
This applies to all leadership... 
Although we are saying farewell to President and Sister Ulrich, our true mission President/ Stake President/ Bishop will always be the Savior. To whom is called, and lives righteously, the Lord will qualify! 
We had a wonderful opportunity to bring J K to the Stake Conference and she loved the music and spirit. We met her at our Street Display last week and she is a great believer in Christ! She has met with us twice already, come to church, accepted a baptismal invitation and has a member that wants to have us all for Tea! It's really good right now. 
From three weeks ago you cannot imagine how much my heart has changed. The Christlike attributes we learn each transfer really focus with each companion. This transfer is changing my patterns of teaching and my patience. I know the Atonement is real and I have felt the natural man within me rage while the Holy Ghost soothes my broken heart. It's a really bittersweet feeling but many would explain to be a personal Gethsemane. This transfer has been hard already but we are seeing success! 

I loved your letters and messages. It's nice to hear from all of you and to see the growth from you serving the Lord. 
If you would be known for one thing what would it be? 
What scripture would Display your dependence upon Christ? 
Alma 36:26 expresses missionary work to me. Allowing others to have the richest Gift Heavenly Father could give His children: The Gospel of Jesus Christ. 
Fathers Day is very special and I am glad all fathers were glorified and congratulated on another year of keeping it together (KIT as  Mike Explained... yeah I paid attention to your talk ;) ) 
I love the progress in little Jax! I love that little baby boy and he is a valiant soldier in this army! Even more a General in the Spirit Army! There is a talk that asks "Why 1820?" It was really interesting to read and I invite you to read it as well:)  
Thank you for your thoughts about the atonement and how you are using it. I loved the pictures that were sent, I shared them with the district and they melted. Jax is going to break hearts. 
Grandma Cooper? Ahhhhh you're the most wonderful in the world;) 

Pictures of the beach will come next week. Until then my Loved ones. TO INFINITY AND BEYOND;)💫💥
Elder Cooper
13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.
3 Nephi 5:13

No comments:

Post a Comment