Monday 21 November 2016




 November 21, 2016

So this week was another mission filled roller coaster. 
Tuesday was our Ashton Zone Conference and I absolutely loved it. Surprise right ;)! We talked much about plans for the coming Christmas season and how we can more effectively share the message of Christ. The new video for the season is so powerful and I can't wait for you to see it! It is to be released the end of Nov/early December and its sharing the love of Christ 25 ways in 25 days. Such a wonderful opportunity to learn how to be more effective:) We had a companionship exchange with the DL and he said some very kind things! All summarised he would love to see how much I fill my potential within this mission. No pressure.

Wednesday Elder A., P., W. ( Sister P's Nephew) and Z.  went to the temple and we all embraced the spirit so strongly. It was very powerful and it is never a waste of time being on the temple grounds. Around the world wherever you are find a temple and seek to find purpose, because you WILL find God’s purpose at the temple. 
We have been given the Book of Mormon challenge to read before Christmas and I am so excited. I really need to read and not study as much in detail… I am getting behind.

Thursday's highlight was Elder A.  inviting me to write in my journal! I am doing my best but I am still very far behind and may just start from today! Catch up later.  I thought of writing myself a letter but we will see what happens 

Friday Z.  had her baptismal interview and we cannot wait for her baptism this coming Nov 26th!
We had a wonderful member feed us!!!! We get fed well:) This member hasn't fed any other missionaries in 15 years! I feel so honoured. 

Saturday we have a LA friend and her son that are hilarious! M. and her son, C:)  She was baptised 20 years ago and can't remember if it was our church and if it wasn't we will be baptising her very soon;) C. is a little ninja of 9 years. He was wearing my tag during our lesson in the library and didn't want to take it off when we left. We will be inviting him to be baptised next lesson and hopefully we stay to baptise him:) I promised him one of my tags:)

Sunday was stake conference with Elder Hans T Boom! He's was so powerful and loving and I had the pleasure of meeting him personally before he spoke. He waited in the foyer and met the missionaries and members - he was so natural:) His mission was London, England quite some time ago but he was weighed down that he never baptised anyone and I have had that thought many times. He found so many blessings from living the gospel…long story but his companions daughter and HIS son got married and baptised their three children. 
Love this gospel! This was a very crazy update and in regards to your email thank you :) 
Your words never cease to invite the spirit momma.
Christmas updates are not yet set in stone.  I have heard from other missionaries it is usually from members’ homes. But I will get a more legitimate answer next P day.
So nice to hear about your week and thank you for those questions. 

Love you very much mom!

"President Ulrich
Stake conference yesterday was truly spiritual. I had a deep connection with the music and felt strongly of the spirit throughout the meeting:) I actually reflected on the past words of Sis Nelson as she explained the miracles of nature in the England Manchester Mission conference. I noticed as Sis Ulrich, yourself and Elder Boom rose to speak the most pure brilliance surrounded you from the chapel windows. As Sis Nelson explained - He even controls the skies:) So beautiful! 

Carrying on with the miracles! 
After the Bolton Elders had our exchange this week I have I chosen to implement many new powerful ways to use the morning devotional time:) Mainly beginning every morning 6am with a companionship prayer to invite the spirit and unity! As well as harnessing the gifts of discernment and revelation. I am continually seeing progress within my own studies and also within Elder A.’s training. He is sure to be a better missionary than I. I am really focused on the Book of Mormon challenge and seek to accomplish and fulfil this task. I felt a little behind as I was seeking more to study the Book of Mormon and would go into great depth to understand and feast yet I am readily reading at every moment now! It is powerful to read in great detail and yet there is such a power in seeing the journey unfold as we can read the great lengths prophets of old have gone for their foundation of faith! I absolutely love this challenge and wish I would've heeded these opportunities sooner. I have always loved my scriptures and now with my mission I have started with a fresh set! A new beginning for the greatest focus study and development of mortality! Missions truly are miracles!

Sleeping has gotten much easier and I am feeling increasingly more equipped for each day. I have started habits on this mission that I wish to never surrender. I was inspired at Stake Conference as you mentioned since your mission you had served weekly in the temple for 38 years. That was something that really struck me as before my mission  I truly looked to the temple as my home as well as the Lord’s. I still long to be near the temple greatly and I was so happy to bring our friend Z. this past week:) 
We re-invited her to be baptised for the 26th of November and have been working hard to solidify baptism plans this week. I am so excited for Elder A. as I am sure this will be a very sacred experience for him.

Morning Schedule has been very good! 
Daily planning has been successful and it's just the transition to the IPad that is a steady process but it shall be done:)
Emergency fund still £75 :)

Love you very much President, 
Express my thanks to your greatest companion and my friend Sister Ulrich.

Elder Cooper 
Bolton England"


No comments:

Post a Comment