Monday 31 October 2016

October 31, 2016

Momma:) 
So much happiness as the sun is shining and I have had such a beautiful day thus far. 
We as a Bolton area are now gathered in the Chapel writing to our families😇 using the church for all its beautiful purposes. For some strange reason Princess Bride came to mind as I opened your letter:  
"Mahwaagee is what bwings us too gevah todayy"
Such beautiful memories! This week has been a blast and I cannot believe it is P-Day already⏰ but I promise I am not complaining about time. 
So yesterday at church we had a less active couple at church! Brother and Sister M.  have not been out for some time as a result of health and difficulty with ward relationships... Bless them. We have taken them sacrament many times and the last time we took them sacrament we invited them to partake in person and THEY DID! It was such a rewarding feeling to see them light up as they entered the chapel feeling home again:) Plus they have offered to feed us lunch/ dinner this Friday. I cannot wait;) Every time we visit them they offer us a chocolate ice cream bar (The Equivalent of a Breyers) It makes me feel like such a kid in a candy store. They really feel like family and I love them very much. 
None of our other investigators came to church… however our teaching pool continues to grow and also, as in life there are many who break your heart with rejection. 2 Nephi 2:25 
How about we just feel of GREAT JOY!!! I love this time to see people change and also to transform myself into a beautiful butterfly... Oh wait I am not a caterpillar. 
I am so happy you got to laugh at my video… I wish I had more to share

Love you Momma C 
Elder Cooper 
Bolton England 


President Ulrich :) 

I have felt the nourishment of the gospel so strongly this week as I partook of the sacrament. I am so thankful for the power of the priesthood as Elder Allen and I have given many blessings this transfer. I will make dedicating my home a priority in the future as in this world those faithful desperately need the comfort and protection at all times. This gospel has been that protection and I have now seen as a missionary how real and intimidating this spiritual war truly is. I know more that we need the Armour of God at every moment and especially in our rest. We have used the Melchizedek Priesthood at every opportunity and it has prompted forth such wonderful blessings.   

I absolutely love my mission family in the Bolton area and have developed such a divine friendship with so many powerful missionaries and hope to be honoured amongst them all. As these past few days have gone by I have reflected on the powerful examples of faith and purity I have seen in my seemingly small 20 years of experience. Using this time to become not only what I need to become but also raising others to see their potential. The trainings these past weeks have been such a blessing :) Elder Allen is beginning to see such a powerful vision of what matters and how he can better fulfil this divine purpose. This trust you have in me is from Heavenly Father and I have definitely seen that as many sacred experiences have brought us into unity with the Spirit. Such an enriching feeling!

I honestly feel this was the greatest time to come to serve in the ENGLAND MANCHESTER MISSION :) it has been such a blessed experience and I cannot believe the time has flashed by. Elder Allen expressed at the beginning of this transfer/his training his desire to make every moment count as we are quite literally on a spiritual timer. Everything you think, say and do has consequences of spiritual and literally merit. This daunting thought allowed me the ultimate question: What are you going to do about it? Having each moment mean something and being able to give my very best even just at times to scream it hurts. It was not meant to be easy but I have come to know every pain is worth it. For in that very moment the master is near healing us and offering us the opportunity to transcend yesterday and rise to the promise of tomorrow. A day of Repentance and a new opportunity to live EVERY covenant made in my seemingly small 20 years of experience to its full promised potential. The obedience to the work promotes miracles from the purity of the power that Authority alone cannot bring forth. 

So this week we had an appointment with a friend from Ireland:) Elder B. and I had taught him for some time and we ended losing contact a little bit. We rescheduled many times and ended up bringing him the large print Book of Mormon as he had difficulty reading the normal print. The lesson was fantastic and as we closed he expressed his admiration for the intelligent and dignified vocabulary exhibited by missionaries of our church :) D's appreciation of language and conduct solidified my own gratitude for the "Barrier" of rules within this mission. Having that determination to be obedient has blessed Elder Allen and myself greatly; developing a higher plane of living and thought. 

Love you very much President. 
I am loving this time and understanding: Truth will prevail. 
Elder Cooper 
Bolton England"


No comments:

Post a Comment