Wednesday 19 October 2016

October 17, 2016

Dearest Momma:)
There is such sunshine in my soul today!
Something that was shared by Elder A.'s Mom was that: Great Missionaries, help train GREAT missionaries to become GREATER missionary trainers! Mothers are so brilliant! I love you so much.
Thank you for that glorious letter. It made me beam with light:) Everything has been sooooo centered on JOY and I am so happy to share a few simple thoughts with you as there are many to share! 
President Ulrich shared in our train the trainers weeks ago that being a trainer is the greatest trust that he can have in any missionary. I feel so honored but I am absolutely terrified at times knowing I am accountable of having the salvation of many souls in my hands... all 531 Pages of it. 
The event with President Nelson was one of the greatest things of my life. Such power and devotion in a seemingly normal, yet EXTRAordinary Apostle of the Savior. He filled the room when he entered. Such a divine experience meeting him in the flesh! OKAY OKAY Soooooo Elder K. W. of Cardston, Alberta was asked BY President Russell M. Nelson to be at the Pulpit next to him and share his thoughts and testimony about the Book of Mormon.  Talk about life changing...... He is great friend of mine… no pressure Elder W. 

Thoughts from the Conference.
-Russell M. Nelson- My suffering was swallowed up in my joy !!!
- Elder Yamashita- We are ambitious as we.... Serve faithfully, endure nobly, pray fervently, partake worthily! The Lord is so personal…I love it!

At our meeting we had Bishop and Sister Causse, Elder and Sister Johnson (Seventy), Elder and Sister Halstrom, Elder P. Homer (Area Seventy) and President Russell M. Nelson and Wendy, his brilliant wife.
They all spoke on central topics of Joy, Repentance And the Atonement! So crucial to understand and live and I wish I could write for hours!
One thing that stuck out to me that I would love to share is, Sis. Nelson spoke of modern revelation and keeping modern with following the prophets and apostles.  She is so humorous and I loved her experiences of being with so many inspired and devoted servants of the Lord…being one herself! 

Elder V. and myself have crossed paths and we took a photo but he has not sent it to me yet... that bum!
So hard staying in touch with everyone! Stress for a positive reason.

Love that you are spending all the time that you can in the house of the Lord! I want to buy a tent and live on the grounds…sound good to you? Would you support that??
Love you always and forever. As long as I’m living your baby I will be!
Momma thank you for all that you do! The Final thought from Sister Johnson was that ALL the mommas of the missionaries are proud and I sure hope you are. I am honestly striving to fulfill all that I can! Baptisms shall come soon:)
I have made some of the greatest friends here and I have felt both that I want to leave Bolton and that I desperately need to stay. We will see what happens the next couple months. Oh and I heard 10ish weeks till Christmas???? What the flip?????
Sooooo Sooooonnnnn
Till next, Filled with love and happiness as always,

Elder Cooper
Bolton England
  
''President Ulrich,

Hope your week has been beautiful as Elder A. and I have been so happy this week. The time is so enriching and I took so much from our meeting with President Russell M. Nelson:) What an opportunity of a lifetime to participate in something so sacred. I absolutely loved how Elder Johnson of the Area presidency said, this event is truly historical. With the President of the Quorum of the Twelve, The Presidency of the Seventy and Presiding Bishop of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. What an opportunity:)

P-day Emails are always so stressful for me and I am doing my best to overcome the headache that is inhibiting my ability to think. First off, Elder A. and I have been getting on very well. Many times to grow and many areas to improve in. Like ''They say,'' Rome wasn't built in a day. Parallel to that statement missionaries strive continuously to become what is intended and expected of them by our Heavenly Father. Plus seeing as we have just been visited by President Russell M. Nelson change has already become.  Elder A. is progressing so well! He has a thirst for the gospel and wishes he could just read the scriptures all day. I have felt that way many times and it is the passion for the gospel that we strive to instill within those we teach. 
Our teaching has gone very well and with a member present it has been such a powerful additional witness of the truthfulness and change that the gospel of Jesus Christ brings.  As our investigators are struggling at times I am doing my best to seek Heavenly Father’s counsel, yet I feel so inadequate to the challenges at hand considering I know very little about preparing for someone to be baptized.  I have found much to study regarding preparation in both scriptures, preach my gospel and my humble prayers. It has really been a wonderful experience praying for specific names and seeking them throughout the day. It is more or less the ultimate game of hide and go seek spiritually.
Our Dear friend M.C. that we brought to the mission fireside had the fire of the gospel within him and now as he has spoken with his family and friends he seems tainted and more determined in his Catholicism than ever. I have prayed continually and strive to have his family be together forever and I will not force him to make that decision.  Like it has been said, ''Conversion is personal between God’s children'' and with his dementia he has been struggling to remember and act on what we have taught. I was so happy when we visited last week and he wrote down all his questions about 1 Nephi and about Joseph Smith and Moroni! He had such a sincere desire to seek for the truth and he knows IT IS TRUE! He just needs some time to explain that to his family. I will never forget M.C. and I know we have made a positive impact on his life for eternity even if he is not baptized right away.
I have felt such change in these past four months and I know I will continue to change for a long time yet. There is so much I have taken from the meeting this past week and I am excited for the coming Multi-Zone Conference this week as well. So many powerful meetings in such a short break.
Bolton is strong and progressing and we have continued to righteously exercise our priesthood to offer blessings to all that are struggling. I have gained such a divine appreciation for the priesthood and I love how this mission will show my commitment to this privileged power and authority. Always willing to repent and grow and I am thankful we get to text you every morning to show that obedience. Hope you are doing well, we pray for you always!

Love you President and Sister Ulrich,
Elder Cooper

Bolton England''

No comments:

Post a Comment