Wednesday 19 October 2016

October 3, 2016 - Happy Conference!

MOMMMAAAAAAA 
Sister from Utah
Elder Cooper here as always!
So conference was so brilliant! We all gathered in the chapel for all the time changed sessions. I explained to Janae how the times are so strange here and I was just sitting thinking of waffles bacon and fruit!
Glad dad sent me the breakfast layout! It looked delicious and I saw Mike and Erica but no MOM or DAD or JANAE! I would love to see pictures of our family:) I really miss seeing all your beautiful faces.
Could you send me some of the pictures taken pre mission? I would love that and I would CONTINUE to love you forever! * I promise I would never stop loving you ever.
I am glad that my emails are humorous and that you are enjoying life in the duration of these 4 Months. Mom 1/6th what the heck!
I am really just grasping to every second of everyday and trying to talk to absolutely everyone. Teach Repentance, Baptize Converts.
General Conference:
Spiritual Oasis of knowledge! Considering I love missionary work I loved Elder Yamashita! He spoke so eloquently of living with an ambition for Christ and never stopping when the times are tough. What that Elder in his talk did with the prosthetic was powerful. I love that he was sent to strengthen and enrich the faith of those around him. I have seen this as many friends have returned home and they definitely were sent to be examples to me and show me the greater love and blessings that are found within this gospel. The Atonement is key to all that exists. Nothing has, is or will be without being affected of all that Christ fulfilled. The scriptures are coming alive and I wish I had time to just sit anywhere and read all day. It is hard to see the casual nature to which is taken when speaking of such a divine text.
Steak on a bus mmmmm
Something incredibly interesting was said as Elder A., Brother R. and I drove to priesthood session. Brother R. expressed Satan does not make a fright of most confused religion, he targets and attacks all truth on this temporary world and wants the saints to suffer as he suffers. He sends and inspires FALSE Prophets who mislead and distort all that is true in this mortality and it breaks my heart at the fragility and misuse of our intellect.
So many people do not know how to apply themselves and I fear/ await the glory that will follow this chaos we call our modern day.
Nothing but love for you momma!
I miss you and your hugs but know many will be able to hold their babies a lot longer if I can endure and enjoy these simple two years.
Love you love you love you!   

"President Ulrich,
So firstly I have to express how powerful General Conference was! My goodness. It was so nice to be gathered in a small chapel surrounded by faithful saints who are simply trying their best, listening to the inspired words of church leaders. I have taken many changes from this conference and I am continuing to pray for the vision of the Savior in this work. Mostly I have reflected on the timeline of conversion and the precious gift of our agency. I thought about oh so many friends we have been teaching and how I believed I was lacking in some extent. The new found reassurance is that everyone MUST choose for themselves in order to accept and follow Christ. I sat during conference and reflected on my own conversion and what has led me to this position in this present moment 4 months into the greatest mission of my life. I am continuing to trust with all that I have and leap for opportunities to share the gospel with everyone that will listen.
I met this Caucasian Muslim convert (C.) and we spoke for some time at a street display. He is so very kind and we progressed to the topic natural of prophets and scripture and he expressed his confusion about Joseph Smith as many have been polluted by the Medias. We dissolved his confusion and asked his understanding and trust to listen and to feel if what we were saying was true. Elder A. and I felt the spirit so strongly for this man and when we gave the account of Joseph Smith’s first vision, he lit up and we invited him to be baptized. He said he would definitely consider as he wants to best follow God and he found truth in the Muslim faith. The thought "Better to Best" came to mind and we invited him to listen to conference with us. He unfortunately could not attend however we explained the blessing of technology is the access to righteous information and seeking truth on trusted LDS sites. He is building in his faith and we are trying to meet with him as soon as possible. I know he felt the truth of what we had said!
The obedience has been raised significantly this week and I have started to magnify this opportunity. It really is evident the power of obedience. That is exactly what my preparation and initial mission experience revolved around and I know that was for a reason. As Elder A. and I have woken on time we have been able to keep our focus and motivation during our day, seeing the blessings of this work such as that wonderful Muslim man seeking truth. Elder A. is doing very well with the adjusting to the missionary life and he has a wonderful testimony of the restored gospel. I know he can raise the bar of his teaching and service if he can sacrifice that extra sleep to get out of bed. We are both working very hard and I am trying to see if he can follow by example without being prodded. There is always improvement for all of us and in no way am I perfect. I am allowing him to see the identity that he has and showing him how many really are prepared. Faith to find! There are so many searching for an improved life and I am going to work diligently to find them. Instead of I, substitute we, I know I cannot do this work alone. As President Uchtdorf explained use the much needed Amulek’s to progress the Lord’s work! I many times have felt like I have lacked much to fulfil this calling as Satan has really tried distracting me this past week as I have felt greater discouragement, however, I am learning to find joy in my trials and suffering. The work is progressing and I continue to look for ways to be a greater servant and example of this gospel. 
I love you so much President Ulrich and will be seeing you at Russel M. Nelson’s Devotional!

Elder Cooper
Bolton England"

Awe papa smurf wise as always!
I always love reading your emails and its difficult sometimes to not open them until p day knowing they are in my mail! Mom had mentioned how grateful she was that we did not have to snail mail and I would agree 1000000% I have great admiration for the patience of those that communicate without computers or tablets. Paper apparently is so old fashioned now a days. 
This week has been so interesting as I was asked along with Elder B last week to speak and took far too long speaking. Our friend A has now referred to me as Jeffery R Cooper! He always makes us laugh and its never a dull moment in Bolton. 
Elder A and myself are doing well settling in. I love his value of work and he is on my case for writing in my journal. I have quite the backlog of days to write and when I look at it I see really how fast the time has gone! Procrastination at its finest... Mom would be/ (is) proud ... I hope;) I know she is proud but maybe not about my journal writing. To defend myself I fill in my morning study devotional every morning and write inspiring things in my planners. The Pokemon theme just came to mind.... Missionary work gotten catch em all! Haha I love being a missionary and there is always room to grow. 
I loved the Talk yesterday about finding joy in our trials and suffering and although I may not be suffering there is real opposition. Satan is so real and I love going to the temple to learn. No greater place to be. Temple and conference is spiritual GOLD!!! 
I am trying to read the Book of Mormon again and I have taken a soft cover and put Elder Cooper Canada 2016 2018 it is so strange to think I am approaching 1/6th of the time gone. Isn't that a little hard to believe. Time is so unfair but I am making the most of it! 
Fun fact we as a missionary getting the pleasure of seeing Russell M Nelson Oct 15th! 
Cannot wait to shake his hand and hopefully I do the music so I can be on the stand! Blessings:) say hello to the family as the internet went off in the library and we had to panic to send emails! I hope to be emailing everyone but I need to cover the assets. I WILL WRITE MOM, I value my life !😵😅


 

 My GLORIOUS MEAT SANDWICH

My first pair of destroyed Shoes. finally dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment