Monday 18 July 2016

Just a few People and adventures here in Bolton thus far.
Everything from birthday lunch to my beautiful family package!
Thank you so much I loved it and every little thing made me laugh and love you all even more. 
My week has been pretty Crazy actually, we had a multi zone conference and I felt so empowered by the spirit it really was quite special.
Make every day count and whatever it takes have become my motivating force. I know as we study and align ourselves with God’s will that miracles do happen.
With imperfect people Heavenly Father can and has done inspiring things.
The Central message during the multi-zone conference was that through faith and knowing who we are that we could be perfect messengers of The Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I wish I could just send you my notes because it really changed my perspective on many things in this divine work. It has been said, many are called but few are chosen.
As I thought about that I reflect on what I covenanted or promised to do in this simple two years devoted to the lord. What I am willing to give up, and what I already have, just to feel the love and confirmation of the doctrines and principles I teach every day. Instead of waking up at 6:30, our Mission Leader, President Ulrich has asked us missionaries to wake up at 5:45 so we can have a mental and spiritual devotional with the lord. 
This has been quite an interesting experience as each time I kneel to pray after waking up I have to fight my temptation to fall asleep. Rule one, Make sure you are prepared! This applies to so many aspects of life. Especially missionary work :) As I wake up I try to be the best state of mind as not to fall asleep again whether that be drinking water or simply stretching everything out, ahhh so important be free from all stress.
Do not sweat the small stuff; I learned a stress exercise called watermelon. Being real with you here it works. Its Tai chi and it makes miracles happen. 

Side thought. During Sacrament meeting yesterday, a member of the high council spoke on the power we can gain through Family history and temple work and that was the center of all meetings.
In his talk he quoted and elaborated on the talk Do I Believe From this last April General Conference- Bonnie L. Oscarson. I love this talk and i encourage all to read and study both the deep and simple truths that are mentioned. In this talk it explains we have gained a knowledge or we are progressing to a knowledge of many things within mortality and also in the Church. At a moment of chaos, we are then tested and have to comprehend "Do I ACTUALLY Believe?" and this is a process that can either enhance or cripple our faith. Little food for thought.
I invite you to read and study and after I would ask you to pray to Heavenly Father and have a little morning/night devotional with him to confirm these things. I know that he listens and no matter what happens in life, I have gained the love and testimony that He never will leave you. Whenever I feel down, I simply think of everyone who prays for missionaries and all the angels that protect and uplift. Only one opposition will tear you down, is destroying every aspect of life sacred to ourselves and our Father in heaven. Never forget the Celestial lineage that we each have with our Heavenly Father. The Plan of Salvation is to return home and sometimes that happens far too soon. Make every day count and "Just keep swimming", who would have thought Dory from Finding Nemo could have been so simply legendary. We make the decision with our god given agency to change our attitude in any circumstance. The past does not matter, however always learn from it, there is nothing the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ cannot cure and we can be healed as we plead for repentance. Moroni 8:25-26, The Process is continual and it helps us to endure to the end and then we shall return home to the greatest place we once knew.

So Back to Multi Zone.
I love President Ulrich so very much and we found many instances in scripture that exemplify mighty faith vs belief. Joshua 3:11-17 was my favorite, can’t imagine why ;)
It is so powerful that the distinction between a belief and Faith is the application. To do what is required and act accordingly. Often Motivation will not come until we act on what we are to pursue. 
The hardest Part is always starting. I think often to the MTC- Missionary work starts like drinking water from a fire hydrant- This is ever so true. Every day you feel like you are pushed to your limit,  however every day you have subtle tender mercies and miracles that come as you near the finish line. Always remember there IS a finish line, as bittersweet as it is every day is one more or less to act and bring ourselves closer to this Gospel of Jesus Christ. Each one of us must act and the growth comes as we practice just a bit longer, learn just a little more and want "it" just a bit more. Whatever "it" is, it will come as we are more devoted to Heavenly Father and rely on the truths that he teaches, Live them. I have learned that it is about the numbers. We have been blessed with fundamental Key indicators which bring us success as we set realistic goals that will help us to improve. The key is to not see numbers but to see faces or names. They are Heavenly Fathers children. 
We watched the Death Crawl from Facing the Giants and my goodness it was powerful. It all comes down to facing our fears and practicing the fundamentals of life!
“This is a football...." - Vince Lombardi
I had a little bit more time today as i paid for an extra hour! Soon i will have an Ipad and emails will be a little easier to sort out. Very soon.
Finally I love you all beyond comprehension!!! Thank you so very much for the letters emails and packages, they inspire this little missionary to say
“I think I can, I think I can..... I know I can" daily. The Mission is a beautiful thing even if it is a roller coaster.
Life would not be worth it if it was a straight line. As a matter of fact that proves that we are not living life at all. 
There is opposition in all things and you along with our Savior Jesus Christ are the light at the finish line.
Light will never be overcome by darkness and I will always love each of you.       

Elder Cooper

Bolton England


We use Public transit all the days long and we walk very often. My shoes can prove it.
I love the ward even though it is super small and elderly. Makes it that much more special.
They will forever be the first ward in my mission.


The Festivity was the Bolton Iron man triathlon!!!!
I loved talking to people. It is inspiring to see what people are capable of!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment