Monday 25 July 2016

Fam JAMMMMM !
I have ten minutes to write this email and I have a good excuse ;)
Today was a special P-day. All the Elders (Apparently the sisters weren’t invited), went to South Manchester and had a Conference P Day.
President gave us instruction on the Book of Mormon and Sister Ulrich spoke on being Obedient in all things especially our health, dress and grooming.
The instruction today was so inspired and many points were so golden. We mostly centered on the confirmation of the Book of Mormon but references from both the Doctrine and Covenants and King James Bible.
D&C 17:6, 19:26, 20:8, (King James Bible 4 years by many scholars/Book of Mormon 65 days The Power of God through the Prophet Joseph Smith) Isaiah 29:14; D&C20:9-42:12 (Atonement in BOM 27 times, New testament 1 time) 2 Nephi 3:12 ; EZK 37:16-17; D&C 20:10, 20:11,20:14 
. . . May I first say how inspiring the Elders day was today! I was excited to have such a special P-day with such a gathering of priesthood and more especially missionaries from The England Manchester Mission. There is great power in numbers and that is so very evident in the way the Lord would have us teach. Two is such a strong number however threes are a testament of divinity. Having the Godhead as three distinct individuals, having the First Presidency, and having two missionaries of the Lord led by their senior companion, The Holy Spirit!
In planning and meetings throughout the week I have learned more fully the process of setting goals, making plans and following up. This was something of emphasis in the England MTC with my teacher and learning and applying are two very different processes. I know that these three things are the structure to successful missionary work. Being worthy of and obedient to the Lord and all he has commanded and having the faith to increase our own limits. He knows everyone oh so very much and especially the investigator and missionary. That relationship is proxy of the Lord teaching his brothers and sisters his gospel. Through that proxy we as missionaries learn so very much, the Lord’s hand is in all things.   
The days are passing by and it honestly scares me. Through study of The Book of Mormon, multiple daily prayers and my patriarchal blessing, I have found greater insight to myself and my purpose. We must first prepare and plant the seeds of faith to bring forth the fruits of righteousness. I must/am be(ing) obedient and LIVE this process as How am I supposed to bring others to come unto Christ if I am not living what I am teaching?
. . .I knew this was going to be the roller coaster of a lifetime, an eternity even, as you will never forget your mission; Just buckle up. Hahaha I love the "just keep swimming" aspect of missionary work as each opportunity negative or positive builds the structure of a person’s character. Building with all the right blocks can make a mansion, however if your foundation is flawed you will not exceed any of your expectations. It takes “Masters" in all aspects to build that beautiful house, individuals who have performed this work before and who know what material to use. All in all it takes a Master architect who knows how the work will finish to walk side by side in every moment to lay each act in his way. As Joseph Smith expressed as the saints built the temple, We are not just building the Lords House, "The Savior is building us", and that is so very true. I have all the right materials, a fantastic trainer, a beautiful loving family, the priesthood, the scriptures.... The list could go on! However, the Lord and THE PROMISE of the Holy Ghost are the most binding materials in building the Lord’s work. 
Our investigators are progressing and building in such faith and my companion and I are praying and working to best help them receive every promise the Lord has, as we make covenants. The work is going forward and I love that missionary work is familiar and much more natural now. I have learned tracting is incredible in many ways and that the Lord often waits till that last couple houses for us to find those that are prepared. Often the Lord stretches our will to inch closer to his, and I have loved seeing how I have grown in the simple 1 1/2 months I have been serving in England. Every day counts and I love the power of The Book of Mormon as expressed today in our meeting. I am intrigued how much anyone can learn from reading and praying to receive the promise of revelation and I aspire to improve my love of that power. Something that inspires me each day is 2 Nephi 33. The whole chapter is gold :) Especially 2-5. All in all it combines to LIVE THE PROMISE, and Promise to all that live. 

Powerful, powerful. Love you all soooooooo much sorry I could not message anyone else ;( My love is too all.
I am sure everyone has exciting news. I can’t wait to hear it next week.
Elder Cooper 

Bolton England




THE FAMILY TREE ME, Father, Grand Pappy,

Great Grand Pappy

No comments:

Post a Comment