Tuesday 12 July 2016

Elder Super Cooper is ALIVE and WELL!!!!
Another Beautiful day here in Bolton England Momma!
I keep stressing in this one hour of time to write... its freaking me out.
Firstly thank you so much for the birthday wishes. I couldn’t even open all the emails to check but I know there is so much love and support coming my way. 
It is such an empowering work being a missionary, you see bounties of miracles and really ponder the scriptures. I love waking up every day, even though it’s hard sometimes, to study the gospel personally and then to apply what I have studied in our companionship study. I really quite enjoy the role plays that we practice so very often. surprise surprise hahha 
I loved this week studying Ammon and Lamoni and also Aaron and Lamoni’s father. ALMA 18 ALMA 22 I LOVED IT!!!!! There is so much power in righteous discernment through the spirit. I have learned as we humble ourselves and submit our wills to god that he really can provide so much happiness & enlightenment to others by using his righteous children. Being a missionary is definitely an experience fam jam! I never thought it would be exactly like this,  I don’t exactly know how I thought it would be but it wasn’t anything like this. It is a very good thing I promise, just a bit unfamiliar. The preparation pre-mission was so essential and I wouldn’t be here without it.
I am only going to have time for one email so I will try to make this good.
My last week in the MTC was so powerful and I loved all the devotionals. The training is so condensed and I definitely raised the bar for myself. Final meetings with our investigators were a little hard and I felt I honestly wanted the best for them even though they were characters. The Spirit is real and it testifies of truth even if you are simply role playing. It is such an inexpressible feeling to have inspiration come to you mind when you need it the most. Words you never thought you could testify seem so natural and you feel confident in promising blessings to all you meet.
Something I focused on regularly was " Peter lovest thou me....." -Jesus John 21 Often I think about what my relationship with my Savior is and what I would and could sacrifice to improve it. I love the thoughts of leaving your past behind and being completely converted to the Savior and his teaching. Sacrificing friends, habits and sometimes even riches to accept and follow the true Master. 
I love this gospel so much and I feel such gratitude to be on the front lines of this battle protecting Heavenly Father’s children. The opposition is real and I can feel the weight of this work on my shoulders and I know that with my companion and with my Savior nothing is impossible. I love my family and friends so very much and I will return and report next week.
So many miracles but not enough time.
I love you i love you i looooveeeee yoouuuuu
Elder Cooper 

Bolton England

No comments:

Post a Comment