Sunday 26 June 2016

Here are some snippets from Elder Cooper's letters from this week.

My Adventures have begun and I am looking forward to writing more emails and letters. 
I may have to start pre writing everything as i have become a message machine however my brain feels like its going to explode. 
I have no pictures to share yet however next week there will be :)
Went to the temple and loved it. Such a blessing to be so close;)
Really missing our studies and i think about you all day, Missionary work is so powerful.
All our discussions in the MTC have been so inspiring and i loved seeing Elder Charles.
I will be better next week ;) we are not perfect. But God can make us perfect servants.
We have made the MSC Missionary Shower Choir !!!!! hahahahha one of the greatest things. 
If i know anything its that he wants us to be happy.
Your elder loves you 
Until Next week
Elder Cooper ENGLAND MTC

Another Beautiful day is half over for me and yet it is just beginning for you. I had the brilliant opportunity to study in the temple this morning. I am always reminded of our special time together each week at the temple and I hope to enjoy the temple in another weeks time. The Preston Temple is absolutely gorgeous and it is such a royal place to be. I truly felt like i was in a kingdom of god. It was very much centered in my mind around the storms and winds of the world, it has stain glass of wind and water and as we sat as an army of missionaries i thought of Helaman 5 :12 It was such a sacred experience today to see the change and FEEL the presence of the spirit so strongly. The day was truly devoted to serving that single child of God who could not come to fulfill the covenants and ordinances to attain progression. I was so humbled to have been the conduit to perform the Lords labors and I know that as I serve that will become a process.
The last couple of days have gone really well in preparing for lessons and getting to know/ feel the impressions from the spirit. . . my companion . . .is such a kindhearted English gent and I feel very privileged to have been blessed as his companion. We have been developing discipline to correctly acquire the spirit and to make the spirit the Senior Companion! 
To quickly address your questions... I will be in the England MTC for three weeks and its crazy to think it has almost been a full week.
I love my companion very much, we have discussed many times the exact plan at hand. We feel very strongly that we compliment the others teaching and we have developed a great way to teach.
. . . I thought i knew how to teach but i was a little unready to have class all day everyday. There was a funny quote that went something like, The mission experience is like drinking water from a fire hydrant, eventually you get some water but it mostly hurts your face... That is the initial teaching process for sure! I could not have said it better myself.
This work really does bring you to your knees. If anything i have learned that God really does know our needs and he perfectly knows our situations. We have been sent to earth to be happy and to experience and overcome pain and suffering. We will have to go through pain to have a glimpse of what our savior experienced and I am so indebted to his love. The Gospel brings families together even as i am away from my own, I have the faith and confidence that my Heavenly Father will bless and protect them and their needs.
I love you all very Much!
Elder Cooper England MTC

I got called as the Lehi District Leader for my 3 weeks at the MTC. So much learning and time devoted to improving others i really really love it. Such a blessing to have confidence in my calling, not gonna lie i was kinda worried but the spirit quickly assured me that it was right! Our first testimony meeting as a district was one of the most spiritual things i have ever been in. As well as my time spent in the temple this morning.
I had an elder wake up at 1030 as we  were going to bed and he was putting his clothes on to start his day. He was so exhausted it was hilarious.
So many funny characters in the MTC and I love both my teachers. I have already learned much about myself and limits.Heavenly Father has expanded my capabilities.
I have the best district and i pray that i can be a fearless leader!

~ Imperfection of a person makes them a human, and imperfect humans are lovable. Imperfection is his glory. We are all imperfect Children of God~ Elder Ravn

No comments:

Post a Comment