Tuesday 28 June 2016

Beautiful People,  (June 28/2016)


Another beautiful P-day, I went to the Preston Temple again this morning and i am loving every minute of being in the MTC. It is hard to think that its already one week away from departure however when i look at my journal and see the events of each day i realize how special this time was too me. 
The First session the missionaries attended in the MTC was last week and President and Sister Preston were the Witness couple. Oh my sweet goodness relationship (Eternal Marriage) goals! They are the two cutest human beings other than Dear Great Grandma and Grandpa Leavitt.  The temple has developed great love and comfort in my heart and I love how it feels like home. It is such a reflective experience attending by yourself, but it is all the more powerful when you have your question answered and your thoughts heard. The Spirit does really testify of life changing things.
I have loved as I have studied the doctrines and character of Christ and have sought for the companionship of the spirit. We watched a devotional given by David A Bednar  around Christmas time in 2013 or 14 and he spoke of seeking the character of Christ. It was so powerfully profound and yet so simple. The Character of Christ is the "turning away from selfishness and turning out ward to god" The Natural man is explained as the Cookie Monster and it's so funny to see a modern apostle make the Cookie monster gospel related. It was honestly one of the best talks I have ever heard and it changed my perspective on missionary work. Christ even in his final days of ministry/mortality never looked inward to pity or seek approval acceptance or glory. He suffered and bled from every pore and when the guard loses his ear, Jesus heals him. He heals his captors out of love, even though he is in the greatest agony. He does missionary work when he is on the cross and he asks forgiveness for all that have crucified!!! He is the Christ the Savior of the world. We watched a second Elder Bednar talk on the spirit , and let me tell you... he is approaching number one on my list of apostles. I love him so much. "It comes down to this: Quit Worrying about it! The spirit will guide you,  be a good boy or good girl and the spirit will be there to guide." I have learned it is not always something profound but the simplest choice of acting first and then realizing the choice you made was inspired. It is not always BEFORE that we realize the prompting, most times it is a remembrance of the great choices we have made.
England is so nice, so green and beautiful here. We keep the windows open in our classroom and I love to see and hear the rain. It does rain alot but that doesn't bother me.   
I opened my letters from each of you and oh my goodness I love you all sooooo much. It means alot to have each of you with me and to feel your love across the ocean. I will do my best to send physical letters, however I am feeling the pressures of my time and best organizing myself. Life is so regemented in the MTC and once I get on the computer I never really know what to say. 
We went on a tour of Preston and it was so cool to be amongst actual people. Humans are a thing, the world actually does exist beyond the walls of the MTC. I love this Gospel So much and I am thankful for the lessons I have learned here in the MTC. Thankful especially to an amazing support system and beautiful family back in Canada. There is so much to say and I just love the mission already and I haven't even done anything yet.
We watched the restoration as an MTC and it was very powerful to see the establishment of the church and feel the love and sacrifice of the Pioneers but especially the Prophet Joseph Smith.
There is a section in Doctrine and Covenants that is so powerful and its like in the 130s I just don't have my scriptures close at the moment.  Search it up and pray about those feelings towards the prophet Joseph Smith.
Love love love it! So grateful for the scriptures in my life and the change they have allowed me to make. They are a promise of happiness and change and I cannot wait to share that with all that will listen. Church is true and I love being a missionary.

* I have learned the power of planning, well I AM learning the Power of Planning....
Planning is a celestial process. Such Divinity is seen in the Plan of Salvation. Small perfected improvements make up Children of God! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment